Silly question, but...

when do you take your ring off? in the shower? while sleeping? while swimming? never???

you might laugh but I'm actually asking because I don't wear jewlery and I don't know if I need to take my ring off in certain situations! for instance- getting it wet- bad for it?

LOL keep laughing but answer the question while you laugh please!  cheesy.gif

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not a silly question at all!!! :)

i take my ring off for a few things

1. I own a horse and go to see her and ride almost on a daily basis. Horses are unpredictable as is doing anything around the farm really. So every time I go to the farm, my ring comes off as soon as I get there. I have a special container that I put it in every time so it doesn't get lost.

2. when I am cooking and plan to use my hands to mix things - ie. when I make homemade burgers I'd rather not get raw meat all in my ring. So it comes off and goes in it's special place in the kitchen.

3. when I go out to do gardening and yard work. I'll actually put my ring safe in the box it came in when I head out to my garden.

I don't think I really take it off for anything else. I sleep with it (the self induced cuts and scratches stopped after the first week LOL) and shower with it. :)

LOLrofl.gif, not silly I always wondered this before I actually got my ring...The only time I take mine off is when Im in the shower, its not bad for your ring, they just say soap scum and stuff like that will dull your ring (not permanently, its just dirty and you have to clean it), but so does wearing it everyday! Plus Im always scared it might slide off while Im washing my hair or something and go down the drain, I guess its your personal preference, oh and I dont where it while Im cleaning either unless Im wearing gloves or something.

I wear my ring through it all except like Lua said, when I'm cooking with my hands.  And when I'm slathering lotion on myself.  I'm so darn forgetful that I know I would totally lose my ring if I took it off each time I washed my hands or anything like that.  I do slip it over the knuckle to dry my finger, though.  And I have a terrible habit of slipping it on and off randomly throughout the day.  I really need to stop doing that...huh.gif

Maybe mine is too big or something but I feel like it might fall off when my hands are wet. I take it off to do dishes, shower, and sleep. Usually when I take it off for dishes I forget to put it back on so I guess I have it off more often than not when I'm in the house. 

I take mine off to sleep, shower, cook messy stuff or any time it could potentially get damaged (like painting). I have a special place in my bathroom and kitchen to store them during these times. Sometimes I take them off to put hand lotion on, but only certain times where they are right in front of me (like my desk at work) so that I won't drop and lose them.

I take mine off at night before I sleep and during the day when showering or doing anything that might get dirt, food, lotion, or cleaning chemicals on it and under the prongs.  My ring is white gold so I'm also cautious not to wear it when I'm handling any types of chemicals or cleaning fluids that might more quickly discolor the gold.

This year my parents will celebrate their 60th anniversary and although my mother has taken off her engagement ring for cleaning, she has removed her wedding ring only once since getting married and that was a few year back to have the ring repaired.  She wore it consistently for so long that the band became thin and broke through.  The jeweler had to add some additional gold to the back of the ring and solder it back together.

I take mine off usually when I get home from work and change into my comfies. I tend to cook, play with the dog, etc. at night and don't want it anymore scratched then it already is. I put it back on in the morning when I'm getting ready.