Photo

Traditional Indian Wedding in Caribbean -- help?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SChica927

SChica927
  • 230 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:44 AM

Hi, so I am relatively new to the boards (and newly engaged as of a month ago and already in full planning mode!), I thought I would start with a very broad question...

Is anyone out there planning (or has done) a traditional Indian wedding in the Caribbean? Has anyone been to a traditional Indian wedding in the Caribbean?

If so, can you tell me where the wedding was (what island)? What time of year was it? Did you use a destination wedding planner (if so, who) or just an on-site coordinator at the resort/hotel?

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks.

#2 emmag87

emmag87
    • 161 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:35 AM

Hi sorry I can't answer your questions but welcome to the forum & I hope someone on here will be able to provide you with the information you are looking for

#3 marnyh

marnyh
      • 155 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:44 AM

I don't have the answer to that either, but you might check out some of the Caribbean threads and ask on those.  I'd even suggest searching with different phrases to see what comes up or see if you can even start a new thread - although, I'm not sure how to do that.  Good luck and happy planning!

#4 DmitryYakunin

DmitryYakunin
        • 227 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 11:38 AM

Welcome to the forum! I guess you are to write to a few wedding coordinators, I am sure they will answer all your questions! 

Good luck! 

#5 Punta Cana Weddings

Punta Cana Weddings
          • Banned
          • 217 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 01:29 PM

Congratulations & !!! You will love this site. Have fun planning your dream wedding!

My Punta Cana Weddings

Facebook

www.mypuntacanaweddings.com                      info@mypuntacanaweddings.com

#6 JanineA

JanineA
            • 2,482 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 01:32 PM

Hi there, welcome to the forum. I have been to quite a few traditional Indian weddings.....in Trinidad & Tobago where I grew up. Whether planners were used for the planning process I would say in most of them know. Trinidad & Tobago has quite a large Indian population, the weddings I attended were all those of friends and as far as I know their parents (mom, sisters, aunts) helped in the planning process. If you have any questions specific to T&T feel free to ask away. Congrats and happy planning!

#7 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
              • Vendor
              • 2,782 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 04:52 PM

Welcome and happy planning!

#8 AishaB

AishaB
                • 2,350 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 05:12 AM

Hi welcome to the forum and good luck with your planning.  Like JanineA, I also am from T&T and have been to trad Indian weddings. Any questions, feel free to ask.

BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users