Photo

DW in Mexico-where to go for Honeymoon?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 J-me

J-me
  • 398 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 06:45 PM

Thanks for sharing such great insight! We are trying to decide where to go as well....

#12 mexicobride422

mexicobride422
    • 158 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:43 AM

My fiance and I will be getting married in Cancun..

I'm not sure what were going to do about a honeymoon.. Maybe Riviera Maya.. But now that you ladies mentioned Belize its def something to look into..

#13 SChica927

SChica927
      • 230 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:16 AM

Yeah, we've been looking into Belize and are trying to work with our resort to get a private car transfer to Chetumal, Mex (which is where the ferry is to get over to Belize..)

Then we're flying one way from the Belize airport back home...

We're thinking about staying in this place called Victoria House on San Pedro island.

Originally Posted by mexicobride422 

My fiance and I will be getting married in Cancun..

I'm not sure what were going to do about a honeymoon.. Maybe Riviera Maya.. But now that you ladies mentioned Belize its def something to look into..

#14 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
        • Vendor
        • 1,243 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:56 PM

you can't go wrong with this, awesome option. We drove our car to Chetumal then entered Belize (kinda a PIA, had to buy insurance and fumigate our car, and go into their immigration to the country) seemed it could have been faster.  We flew in from Corozol Belize, low cost tickets, can't remember.   Flight was 15 minutes or something crazy, an on our way back , it was a private charter only 2 of us.

Everything in San Pedro is by boat, so its kinda tough to get around.  You can rent golf carts to go further down the island, but it takes 10 forevers if you do...  We stayed way far north at Costa Maya Reef.com...too far :(  San pedro is so cute, rustic.

We dove the blue hole, lighthouse atoll, and a few other spots.  AMAZING.

Check out this original del Sol content:

Yeah, we've been looking into Belize and are trying to work with our resort to get a private car transfer to Chetumal, Mex (which is where the ferry is to get over to Belize..)

Then we're flying one way from the Belize airport back home...

We're thinking about staying in this place called Victoria House on San Pedro island.

I think I saw it in passing from the water

#15 jenniferkuhr

jenniferkuhr
          • 162 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:51 PM

This sounds unbelievably romantic.  You will have an INCREDIBLE time!  Good luck!

#16 passionsarcasm

passionsarcasm
            • 206 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:20 PM

Ooo Belize..great to know there's another option from Mexico for HM

#17 meBonidie2be

meBonidie2be
              • 402 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 08:42 AM

I want to go to Belize!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users