Photo

OOT bags shipping problems

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Darlsay

Darlsay
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 08:41 AM

I ran into my first problem. I went to Fedex yesterday to ship 7 out of 19 bags. We live in PA and was told that to ship anything into Mexico you'll have trouble. NOTHING can be made in China and most likely customs will open and go thru everything and confinscate items and you can be charged anywhere from 100 to 500%. Plus your bags may be held on not delivered on time. I'm devistated cause I really wanted my guest to receive these bags when they check in. The 7 bags are for the guest that arrive on the same day as we are. So double check with your shipper before your all packed up and ready to ship.

#2 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 10,366 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 09:16 AM

good to know... So, did you decide to go ahead and ship, or are you going to pack the bags with your stuff?

#3 Jessica

Jessica
      • VIP Member
      • 11,939 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 09:27 AM

Yikes, that sucks. What are you going to do?

I sent out my OOT bags ahead of time to people about 1.5 weeks beforre the wedding just becasue I didn't have time to ship them to my WC, everyone was staying at different hotels and I couldn't distribute them all (as some people never told me for sure where they were staying) and I didn't have room to pack them with my luggage. It defeated the purpose kind of, but at least they got to pick what they wanted to bring!

#4 Darlsay

Darlsay
        • 46 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 11:22 AM

I'm definately not shipping them to Mexico. I'm gonna try packing them and taking them with our stuff. I'll ask family members to take along an extra piece of luggage.

#5 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
          • 5,248 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 12:30 PM

That really sucks! I had no idea you couldn't ship anything that is made in China. OMG that is practically everything.

#6 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
            • VIP Member
            • 2,347 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:42 PM

As a suggestion--- if you are able to pack the OOT bags in your own luggage (and other guests if traveling together), I think a cool thing to do would be to hand deliver the bags yourself. You can greet each guest personally at their room, hand them their bag, and if you take a third person with you and your FI to deliver them, the third person can take a picture of the two of you with each guest.

That's what we plan on doing---- I think it adds a really nice personal touch, and you make sure you have a photo of yourselves with each guest for your photo albums too! :)

#7 robindepaula

robindepaula
              • Banned
              • 514 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:50 PM

That totally sucks!! Just about everything is made in china now . . . it would be extremely hard to not have anything in the OOT bags that wasn't made in china.

Hope it all works out for you!
                Robin

#8 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
                • 4,979 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 07:10 PM

Wow, how do you not ship anything that is made in China??! lol, seriously. I had no idea the restrictions were so tight. If you don't have room in your luggage, just deliver them ahead of time if possible. People will still appreciate the idea.
                  Happily Married since May 9, 2008
                  Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#9 anaderoux

anaderoux
                  • 3,220 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 07:47 PM

I live in Mexico and sent all my stuff and it was a HUGE PITA!!! I almost though I was going to leave my stuff here, but finally someone we knew sent it for us.. but it's practically imposible, I don't know why!!

#10 Darlsay

Darlsay
                    • 46 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 08:38 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by MikkiStreak
                      As a suggestion--- if you are able to pack the OOT bags in your own luggage (and other guests if traveling together), I think a cool thing to do would be to hand deliver the bags yourself. You can greet each guest personally at their room, hand them their bag, and if you take a third person with you and your FI to deliver them, the third person can take a picture of the two of you with each guest.

That's what we plan on doing---- I think it adds a really nice personal touch, and you make sure you have a photo of yourselves with each guest for your photo albums too! :)
                      I think this is a GREAT idea!! And will do this, Thanks.... I'll let you know how it works when we return.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users