Photo

CHURCH WEDDING

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 xtenna

xtenna
  • 154 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 07:55 PM

is anyone else getting married in a church? if so, where will your recpetion be : resort, restaurant, villa?

June 3, 2011 Cabo San Lucas

#2 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
    • 5,705 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:04 AM

Here's a wedding held at the San Jose Church followed by reception at a Club in San Jose. I hope it helps.

Sofia & Peter574.jpg Sofia & Peter587.jpg Sofia & Peter599.jpg Sofia & Peter Wide.jpg Sofia & Peter804.jpg Sofia & Peter813.jpg Sofia & Peter934.jpg Sofia & Peter964.jpg Sofia & Peter1140.jpg Sofia & Peter1202.jpg Sofia & Peter1224.jpg

#3 xtenna

xtenna
      • 154 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 04:40 PM

thanks dino!  do you like san jose or cabo church best?

#4 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
        • 5,705 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by xtenna 

thanks dino!  do you like san jose or cabo church best?

San Jose's.

#5 xtenna

xtenna
          • 154 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:53 AM

does anyone have pics of the Cabo church?

#6 LeeLee

LeeLee
            • 44 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:55 PM

Hi there!  We are getting married in San Jose in Feb 2011.  Church wedding followed by a reception at the Melia Cabo Real.  The church in San Jose is called:  The Mission de San Jose del Cabo Anuiti and you can contact Padre Juvencio at Church1.jpgChurch3.jpgChurch4.jpgChurch5.jpgChurch8.jpgChurch2.jpg

#7 xtenna

xtenna
              • 154 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:14 PM

Thanks for the post stephanie!  How far is this church from Cabo San Lucas?  Did you get a chance to visit the Catholic church in Cabo?  I am wondering what the inside of the Cabo Church looks like to see which one I prefer.  The San Jose looks beautiful!  I guess I am just torn because I am having the reception In Cabo and want to make it easy for all of the guests.  If we chose the San Jose Church we will just provide transportation for our guest.

#8 LeeLee

LeeLee
                • 44 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:28 AM

Hi!  The Mission is about 11 mintues from the Melia (the hotel we're having our recpetion at)--which is about 25 mintues or so from Cabo San Lucas...so, you're looking at a 30/35-ish minute ride...give or take.  But don't quote me! 

The Mission is in the town-sqaure of San Jose.  It's so cute!  You can take a look at my site visit pics.  The town square has the best places to take pictures!  Colorful buildings and a lot of charm.  There are pics in this post:  http://www.bestdesti...e-visit-amazing

The Mission is amazing.  But, I met a couple during out site visit that married at the Cabo church and they loved it.  I think it's smaller, but still very nice!

We are providing transportation for our guests.  I felt that it was appropriate--I didn't want my guest to have to hail a cab, potentially get lost OR BE LATE and have to pay for a ride to our wedding.  It's an added cost, but it will be greatly appreciated.  Go with the Mission!  It's amazing...unique and very, very authentic!  And the Padre is very nice!

Good luck--let me know if you need more info!  Adios!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users