Gran Porto Real Brides - Post here!!

Congrats Heidi823 !!! and welcome to the forum :) have you signed up for the webinar for Mar 30? maybe you could get lots of answers from it to help you feel more at ease........just a thought :) 

Hope it all works out just the way you want it to........Cheers :)

OMG, I'm glad (but not glad) to hear I'm not the only one having communication issues... my wedding is pretty far away (Feb. 2014), but I still have so many questions I need answered!  My WC was super responsive in the beginning, but now that everything is signed, I'm hearing nothing!  Super frustrating... @Billandstina:  The checklist/sheet that I received from my WC says that the cost for the DJ for an extra hour is $150.
The DJ being an extra $150 doesn't seem that bad...but I want to say that my WC told me at some point that to extend the reception another hour was an additional $10 per head!! And we have over 60 people so that kills me!! (Originally we thought about 20-30 would actually come). I'm sure it's for the alcohol but still...it's an All Inclusive so it irritates me!

Quote:
The DJ being an extra $150 doesn't seem that bad...but I want to say that my WC told me at some point that to extend the reception another hour was an additional $10 per head!! And we have over 60 people so that kills me!! (Originally we thought about 20-30 would actually come). I'm sure it's for the alcohol but still...it's an All Inclusive so it irritates me!

Yeah, looking at my documents it says extending the reception by an hour is $10 per Real Resort guest ($20 per non Resort guest).  Plus the $150 for the extra hour DJ...  Hope this helps!!  

Question about the alcohol... is the reception an open bar? (We are having everything at the North Beach).  I assume it is since its an all-inclusive resort, but I was wondering how it worked?  Are you close to a bar?  Or do they bring the bar to you?

My WC is Sally Leon. 

I'm still waiting to hear about menu options and seeing if I can switch my cocktail hour around. My wedding is in December 2013 so I'm just trying to relax and not worry about the VERY IMPORTANT DETAILS LIKE FOOD!!! Lol. I booked the ceremony and reception. I'm just hoping the food is decent. 

I found out that if you want the room upgrade (as promised in the package) you have to forward your WC your room booking confirmation. Sally said she will be looking into it and getting back to me to see if I actually do get it. She's been good so far- answering my questions within a week. 

For the reception dinner, alcohol is included in the cost. For the cocktail hour, we get champagne and cold appies ($10 per person) but if you want an open bar, its an additional $5.00 per person. 

We are having a semiprivate reception around 6:00 and I want the cocktail hour after the dinner, at around 7:30 or 8:00pm. I like the idea of getting up after dinner and walking outside when its cooler, listening to music and having a good night toast with cake. Sally hasn't confirmed yet if this was possible. 

Good luck with the room upgrade...that's another catch 22 of sorts...we were told we'd get that but had to book a certain "class" of room in order to get the package we wanted which didn't leave us a room category to upgrade to! Well played on their part...stinks on our part! Lol! I tried to get them to give the upgrade to my parents who are paying but I'm not thinking that's happening.

Thanks for the warning. I love how their website on the classic wedding package says the room upgrade is guaranteed but my WC is going to see what happens. 

I also found out if I want to switch my cocktail hour after the semi-private reception instead of before, they will charge me an extra $600 dollars as it constitutes a separate event even though it's continuous. 

My fiancé is so annoyed that he says we should just screw them and not even have a cocktail hour before or after the dinner. I'm considering it and will just take my party somewhere on 5th Ave out of spite. Lol. 

It's true - the resort will ding you for everything possible, and the amount is significant.