Photo

Gran Porto Real Brides - Post here!!

• Please log in to reply
266 replies to this topic

#161 cglouie

cglouie
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:15 AM

Just booked my wedding at Gran Porto... December 10, 2013. Gazebo... it's happening!

#162 Billandstina

Billandstina
    • 396 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:03 PM

Hi there...I'm getting married there in June and we're having about the same amount of people and I remember seeing photos of a ceremony at the gazebo and I knew there wouldn't be enough room for all our guests. It appears that the gazebo is pretty close to he actual hotel. I'm guessing your guests should be able to walk through the hotel to Central Beach instead of all the way around?

#163 Billandstina

Billandstina
      • 396 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

Girls...are you extending your reception by an hour? I'm having a hard time swallowing the additional fee when I have 50 people who have already booked...and is there also an additional fee for the DJ on top of that? I'm just worried with a seated dinner that'll only leave us with like an hour and 15 minutes to dance which is a waste of a DJ in my opinion! And if we're all having a blast I feel bad moving everyone to another location to continue partying! Is there a fun bar or anything on property? Or can anyone tell me what sort of entertainment is offered at the resort on a Saturday night? I would ask my WC but I can't even get simple wedding related questions answered so I doubt she'll be able to help me on guiding me here!

#164 beachbridezilla

beachbridezilla
        • 16 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

Hi - I'm having a similar issue with communication... who are you working with?  I think I'll likely extend my reception for the hour (I'll have approx 50-60 guests also) for the reasons you list above.  I'm not doing the DJ, but I assume that would be an additional fee also... it all quickly adds up!  Are you hosting your reception at Central beach also?

#165 Billandstina

Billandstina
          • 396 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

I'm dealing with Elsa and lets just say its been a bumpy ride!! Lol! Yes we are having our reception on Central Beach;)

#166 KrystaRyan

KrystaRyan
            • Site Supporter
            • 37 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Billandstina 

Girls...are you extending your reception by an hour? I'm having a hard time swallowing the additional fee when I have 50 people who have already booked...and is there also an additional fee for the DJ on top of that? I'm just worried with a seated dinner that'll only leave us with like an hour and 15 minutes to dance which is a waste of a DJ in my opinion! And if we're all having a blast I feel bad moving everyone to another location to continue partying! Is there a fun bar or anything on property? Or can anyone tell me what sort of entertainment is offered at the resort on a Saturday night? I would ask my WC but I can't even get simple wedding related questions answered so I doubt she'll be able to help me on guiding me here!

We ended up extending it right then and there. It was pricey, but we were having so much fun and didn't want it to end! Haha.  The resort itself is pretty quiet later in the evening, the night we got married there was a band in the lobby, but other than that not much for entertainment.  

#167 Billandstina

Billandstina
              • 396 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

So if we decide the night of then we can? What about the DJ? Was that a separate fee and did he stay without any problem? Hmmm

#168 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                • 11,659 posts
                • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:35 AM

Hello ROYAL PDC & Gran Porto Real Brides and Grooms,

Just a reminder that we posted the registration information for the ROYAL PDB & Gran Porto Wedding Webinar Scheduled for Saturday, March 30, 2013 @ 9:00am PST.

This will be a great webinar where you can learn about the new wedding packages as well as get your wedding questions answered!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#169 Billandstina

Billandstina
                • 396 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

Does anyone know if we're allowed to release sky lanterns at the end of the night at our resort?

#170 Heidi823

Heidi823
                  • 8 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

Quote:

OMG, I'm glad (but not glad) to hear I'm not the only one having communication issues... my wedding is pretty far away (Feb. 2014), but I still have so many questions I need answered!  My WC was super responsive in the beginning, but now that everything is signed, I'm hearing nothing!  Super frustrating...

@Billandstina:  The checklist/sheet that I received from my WC says that the cost for the DJ for an extra hour is $150.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users