Gran Porto Real Brides - Post here!!

• Please log in to reply
266 replies to this topic

#91 Julietisurs

Julietisurs
  • 261 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:15 PM

Stacey -

How are plans coming along? You are getting married in less than a month!

Where are you having the ceremony and recpetion?

Originally Posted by StaceyFleming 

Hi Maria,

My wedding is on Feb 1st 2012 at GPR. Do you have any suggestions for the reception menu?

Congratulations!!

Stacey

#92 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:41 PM

Hey Ladies,

We are putting together our webinar schedule for BDW.  These webinars are great because not only can you get YOUR questions answered but also hear answers to questions from other brides that you may not have even though of :)

Webinars are a great way to not only hear directly from the wedding department but see the wedding packages that they offer, ceremony/reception pics, etc.

I try to only limit the webinars to once every 2 weeks so we of course can not do all resorts.

Please vote on which resorts you would like to have webinars on...you can choose more than 1.

Vote for your Resort Webinar HERE

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#93 StaceyFleming

StaceyFleming
    • 8 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:35 PM

Hi Julie,

Yes we fly out in 16 days! eek. I'll be off to the gym after this post. lol. My ceremony is at 4:00pm on the North Beach followed by the cocktail hour. Then we are heading over to the Royal to have the reception in their ballroom. I booked DJ Dorremixx and I am still debating on the dance floor as it is quite pricey. I couldn't decide on what to pick for the meal and my family requested more options so we are going with the international buffet - not sure how that will be. At this point I am just going to go with the flow and hope for the best.

#94 Julietisurs

Julietisurs
      • 261 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:29 AM

Stacey,

Have you been to the GPR before? I just found a map of the resort this morning.

http://www.mexicobea...n-porto-map.pdf

Where are you holding the cocktail hour?

Is the Trade Winds aka for the North Beach??

How guests are attending?

When are you coming back?

So excited for you! Please let me know how things go when you return.

#95 StaceyFleming

StaceyFleming
        • 8 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:58 AM

Hi Julie,

northbeach.GIF

Thank you so much for the map I'll include these in my welcome letters. The cocktail hour is also on the North Beach. Now that I look at the map I am not exactly sure where the ceremony/cocktail hour is but the picture above is what the coordinator calls the North Beach. I'll update you when I get back on the details.  We have 65 guests attending the wedding which is amazing. Our guests fly home on the 4TH of Feb and we fly home on the 11th. Not sure  where we will stay for our honeymoon. Thinking of Isla Mujeres. Let me know if you have any more questions.   SO EXCITED !!  :)

Take care,

Stacey

#96 StaceyFleming

StaceyFleming
          • 8 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:24 PM

Hi Julie,

I think the North Beach is at the royal. I found a map of it and one bride on here said that it was by Pelicano's restaurant.

Stacey,

Have you been to the GPR before? I just found a map of the resort this morning.

Hi Julie,

Yes we fly out in 16 days! eek. I'll be off to the gym after this post. lol. My ceremony is at 4:00pm on the North Beach followed by the cocktail hour. Then we are heading over to the Royal to have the reception in their ballroom. I booked DJ Dorremixx and I am still debating on the dance floor as it is quite pricey. I couldn't decide on what to pick for the meal and my family requested more options so we are going with the international buffet - not sure how that will be. At this point I am just going to go with the flow and hope for the best.

#97 KrystaRyan

KrystaRyan
            • Site Supporter
            • 37 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:49 AM

It's coming so soon Stacey!! Good luck, and congratulations!  Can't wait to hear how it is... we are having our ceremony at North Beach as well, and it would be great to hear how the buffet is! 

#98 Julietisurs

Julietisurs
              • 261 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:54 AM

What are you ladies doing for your huppas???

The WC quoted me $500 for this huppa and aisle

image004.jpg

#99 KrystaRyan

KrystaRyan
                • Site Supporter
                • 37 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:52 PM

I'd originally planned on just bringing down my own fabric to have the exact colours and save the money... I was told there would be a $150 fee to have it set up, and eventually decided that bringing it would take way too much space! We are still trying to figure out if we are going to pay the extra to have it decorated, or just stick with the chair ties to bring out our colour. 

#100 Julietisurs

Julietisurs
                  • 261 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:36 AM

I think the chair ties are a great idea to add color! You don't have to worry about what size the Huppah is, how much fabric to buy or have a hard time setting up.

520x347px-LL-f59110f0_Akiin---blue-magenta.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users