Sign in to follow this  
JanineA

What is the Format of your Reception??

We're going to wing it!  We are doing the ipod thing as well.  we are having dinner seperate from the reception, so who knows how it'll turn out.  I'm pretty laid back, so as long as everyone has fun I'm not worried about planning every detail

I am copying my best friend's wedding:

• bridal party intro (they line up on the far end of the dance floor)
  • newlywed intro, immediately followed by
  • first dance, then parent dances (combined) -- LOVED the idea of being surrounded by the wedding party and getting this all over with first!!!
  • first course served
  • main course
  • speeches
  • dancing
  • dessert
  • dance party continues with introduction of props (she had about 100 really long balloons drop onto the dance floor which made for great photos!)
  • Midnight snack

Here is what I'm thinking.  It's pretty much just a variation of what everyone else has posted but it definitely helps to write it out.  We want to do our first dance right after being announced (to get the jitters out of the way) but wanted to space out the formal dances so that people don't get bored. 

-Bridal Party Intro

-Bride & Groom Intro

-First Dance

-First Course Served

-Father/Daughter and Mother Son/Dances during first course

-Main Course Served

-Toasts (maid of honor, best man) during main course. 

We may also say a little something at this time or during dessert, thanking our guests for being there, etc.

-Dessert Served and everyone encouraged to head to the dance floor...

PARTY & DANCING...with short break for cake cutting

No garter or bouquet toss

Actually it depends upon what is your plan, until and unless we don't know your plan then it's difficult to discuss regarding this for which you are seeking, so it is good to put the blue print of your plan though we can suggest the best reception format.