Sign in to follow this  
SHeeMz

Rushed wedding.. please help!

Hi everyone,

Due to some unforeseen circumstances, my fiance and I had to move our wedding date to this year instead of planning for the next year, and that too, in TWO months (this October)! I'm completely stressed to say the least and don't know where to begin!

We're also on a budget (close to 7-8K), but definitely want a Maui wedding! It will be a very small wedding, most likely with 10 people or less.

I was thinking of getting a wedding package, most likely Precious Maui Weddings. I definitely want a photographer and a videographer there, and as I understand, these two services are the most expensive services in the package. 

Can anyone give me an insight on where to stay for cheap? Would honeymoon packages be cheaper? I would, of course, prefer an oceanfront location, but I'm willing to sacrifice the oceanfront view if that will significantly reduce the cost. 

I would appreciate any advice to reduce costs for our wedding and our stay out there. Please HELP! :)

Oh dear, sorry I'm also getting married in Mexico, so won't be that helpful.

I just can say: don't worry! everything will be ok, the important thing is that you will be married to the love of your life! so I know it will be stressing but try to enjoy! cheesy.gif

we are renting condos. and this one is a great deal, although it is a two bedroom.

http://www.vrbo.com/40374

their pictures are better on their own website

http://rentonmaui.com/See%20our%20unit.htm

we rent it for our parents, and family, and we rent it for $150, and it seems the price is $125 now :(

and we'll be staying in another condo in the same building.

http://www.vrbo.com/205628

Generally this area has lots of condos for rent, and prices is very good, view is very nice too.

If you want hotel, then this one Maui coast hotel seem to have very reasonable price, and the pictures look very nice too.

http://www.mauicoasthotel.com/

hope this help.

We're staying at the Aston Kaanapali Shores this October and we got a good rate. I'm also using Deanne from Precious Maui weddings and she has been great. Do you want to get married on the beach? From what I have been told all of the beaches are public and you can get married on them but if another wedding is taking place you'll have to wait until its done to have yours.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I will definitely look into it and see what fits our needs. Appreciate all your help!

We really wanted our wedding to take place on 10.10.10, but I guess that's a very popular date to get married on and cannot find anyone to fit us in their schedule at such a short notice. I am flexible with doing it on the 9th or the 11th, but my fiance had his heart set on the 10th, and is really bummed now. Maybe I should look into another island? I really had my heart set on getting Maui'd though! Shucks, time is running out and there is so much to plan!

My fiance bought me such a pretty bridal necklace yesterday though! That's probably the only thing we have covered out of the 1000 things we have to do. We're going dress shopping tomorrow. Don't mean to sound cheap, but I hope to find something under $500. I don't care about designer dresses; I'm only going to wear it once in my life, so I just want something that's simple, yet elegant. 

You may want to look at getting a knock off dress online. You can get a really nice one for under $500 no problem. There is even a thread about knock off dresses. You should check it out.

I hope you found your wedding dress im sure you will of found something perfect for a Hawaian wedding.If you search for Sherry a fellow member she posted some fab condos. when we were planning our wedding we were going to use the condo they called the hideaway however we are getting married in Greece now so i cant use it.I did keep the details in my favourites but a virus mucked the computer up and i lost everything.

I think along with vegas Hawai offers the most straight forward route to planning a wedding you can do it.Im a little envious just couldnt leave all our family behind.One day we will go to Hawaii and renew our vows wink.gif

Congrats and best wishes with your plans! I'm a true believer in "where there's a will, there's a way". You can definitely plan a wedding in 2 months, provided you leave Bridezilla at the door, lol!! Do check out the Hawaii forum where you will no doubt find lots of helpful information and advice. Good luck!