Morning OR Sunset Wedding????

I can't advise when the pictures will be best, but I can say that most brides choose sunset just because it is more convenient for a cocktail hour/dinner reception.  If you choose a morning ceremony just keep in mind that it might require a bit of extra planning as to how you want the rest of your day to go.

I can see the benifits of both! Orignallly I had a 1pm wedding and I was excited because the length of celebration and we are doiing it in Feb so it would be warmer.  I did have slight anziety about the resecption and coctail issue but figured it would work itself out.  Now I have a 5pm time and like the idea also.  The guests will have the day to do as they please and their night will be mine! I think pictures can be great at both times! 

Remeber you could always do a TTD during sunset if your wedding doesn't fall during one!

Good luck

Both times have pros and cons. Sunset wedding you have to make sure everything runs like clock work cause you don't want to miss the sunset and the perfect photo ops, as such you are working against the clock and nature. But how gorgeous are the pics!!! Then of course you get to have a cocktail hour and dinner dancing into the night under the stars with all of your guests, if you are near the water you can see the moonlight glistening off the water as you all dance by soft candle lights underneath starry skies.

With a morning wedding nothing beats the vibrant colors. The sun sparkling down on the ocean making everything pop with color. You don't have to worry about catching the light...its there. It'll be hotter than an evening wedding but once the wedding is over eg start at 11am ceremony takes 45 minutes you still have a cocktail hour (I've seen it done with rum punch and lots of vibrant drinks...even some midday lemonade), then you have a hearty lunch as your reception and guests can still retire early, say 4pm and still have time to do what they like in the evening or you can even meet up later in the evening for dancing off site. Also let's not forget that a lunch menu is going to be cheaper than a dinner menu at most resorts. I think its really up to you. How do you envision your wedding? Do you see yourself staring lovingly into your FI's eyes with a setting sun in the distance, or do you see yourself strolling along the sand, the sun high in the sky and the ocean glistening from its rays. What do you picture when you dream of this day?

I've been having this debate too.  The reason we are considering morning is because of more light for pictures, and also because we are switching resorts for our honeymoon and we are considering switching over for our first night as a married couple. =) So a morning wedding would leave us lots of time....

but then again an evening wedding would be beautiful as well, and we could stay at the resort that night, and move the next morning! Idk!

I was having this debate too but finally decided on morning.  I'm getting married on 10-10-10 and a friend recommended 10AM to keep in line w/ the whole ten thing.

So, I figured might as well! I probably would have still been debating if I hadn't followed her advice cheesy.gif

I am also getting married on 10.10.10 at 10AM in Punta Cana! I am looking forwward to my morning ceremony as it would be the time we would normally be in church so it has spiritual meaning!! Since people will probably have had breakfast, we are having a mimosa reception by the pool directly after the ceremony and then split until that evening and have a 7pm dinner reception on the patio of the restaurant at the resort.

I know what ever you decide will be beautiful!!

Originally Posted by tfidely View Post

I was having this debate too but finally decided on morning.  I'm getting married on 10-10-10 and a friend recommended 10AM to keep in line w/ the whole ten thing.

So, I figured might as well! I probably would have still been debating if I hadn't followed her advice cheesy.gif

Originally Posted by Tropicalbride01 View Post

thanks for the advise girls still debating but your comments help..lol i will let you girls know what i decide...rolleyes.gif  and to @tifidely- that is  very cute i love the 10-10-10-10 its a very luck date and time...that's one of my favorite days it my daughter birthday..cheer2.gif

We are having a sunset wedding but doing some photos before the ceremony to get some good shots in the sunshine.

We will be legally married here in Calgary before we head down to the DR so I'm not fussed if he sees me before the ceremony. Maybe this is an option for you as well to get the best of both?

We had an outdoor 6 pm wedding in Sedona, Arizona, and our photographer was with us and took photos until just after sunset.  The photographer had a wedding before ours so we knew ahead of time that we weren't going to get all the portraits of just the two of us at all the different locations we wanted before sunset so we booked some additional time with her on the following day (late morning and early afternoon) to take more photos in a variety of locations. 

It was fun dressing back up the next day and going out to several different scenic locations where we could have some fun and take our time for the photos.  We were so much more relaxed and not rushed the next day and the photos from that day looked more natural with regard to our poses and smiling.  The bright, direct sun lighting was more of a challenge for the photographer on the second day since she was shooting in the morning and afternoon so from a lighting perspective our sunset shots on our actual wedding day were more evenly lit and had a nice warm color to them, but our poses were more relaxed in the poses from the second day. 

Hope that helps!