Photo

Vegetarian/Vegan Friendly Restaurant in West Maui

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LitigatorChick

LitigatorChick
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:19 AM

We are eloping in Maui with each of our parents. We will likely take our group of 6 out for dinner after our ceremony and photos. It looks like there are lots of great places to eat, but which would be the best for a vegetarian/vegan. Half our group is vegetarian or vegan (including me!), so any help is appreciated!

#2 azulskies

azulskies
    • 1,131 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:53 AM

Hi! I'm also vegetarian and just got married in Maui last month. What part of the island are you staying on? I stayed in West Maui so that's where the places I'm going to suggest are. Our reception took place at Old Lahaina Luau. While the show, location, free drinks and server were all awesome, the food was not so great for someone eating no meat. I was a little disappointed.

We had our welcome dinner at the Hula Grill (the fine dining side). The food was really good! I ordered the organic tofu tower and a friend of mine ordered the squash ravioli (the latter was delish but she only got 3 pieces for 22 bucks! lol). Yummy mai tai's too.

I never got a chance to go but I read that the Plantation House in Kapalua (which is supposed to be really nice) will make any of their fish specialty dishes with tofu. I ate on the casual side of Leilani's on the Beach (their maui onion/walnut salad and beachside nachos were delish!) but they also have a fine dining side.

Not for your reception or anything but I just have to suggest Ululani's for shaved ice on Front St. I cannot tell you how amazing it is..we went almost every single night. Coconut lover's with the snow cap..a-mazing...my mouth is already watering.

Anyway, hope this helps somewhat! Good luck :)

#3 LitigatorChick

LitigatorChick
      • 4 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:49 AM

Thanks for your insight!!! I'll check those places out. Did you come across any place that was exclusively vegetarian or vegan?

#4 azulskies

azulskies
        • 1,131 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:56 PM

No unfortunately the only place I was able to find online before our trip was a restaurant called Veg Out but it's all the way in Haiku so I never went.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users