Sign in to follow this  
uhleesa

Anyone had/having a wedding at La Amada, Le Reve or JW Marriott?

I'm getting married at Le Reve April 9, 2011!  We also considered La Amada but just didn't like the location. Le Reve is pretty flexible on things, so we haven't found the costs to be too bad. Yes, the rooms are a bit pricey. But the room rate includes an amazing breakfast, and we are going to cover dinners for our guests, so I figure they won't have to spend too money once they arrive.  And for a small intimate wedding, Le Reve is going to be perfect (I hope!). We also liked the location - close to Playa del Carmen if people want to go out or if you have a few guests looking for a more budget friendly option.

Great post Jen.  It's comforting to me to hear from someone who considered both La Amada and Le Reve, and went with Le Reve.  I was excited to read the all-inclusive option for Le Reve, but then I saw that you have to book all the rooms for 3 days, and I just can't commit to that with our guests.  (Sigh).  

About Le Reve being flexible with things, do you know what they charge for the corkage fee if you bring your own alcohol?

When you did your site visit, did you do a tasting - and how'd that go?

I'm planning to do a site visit in a couple of months (probably 3 months before the wedding - it's the most convenient time for us), and i want to get the most out of it.

It's so exciting that you'll be getting married at Le Reve soon!

I'm getting married at La Amada in December and actually just got back from there last week.  I am absolutely in love with the hotel!  The service is amazing and it's a beautiful hotel.  Very white and modern and clean and the rooms are great and really cheap (for my wedding in December the junior suites are only $165/night).  Another bonus is that they now have an optional all-inclusive plan for only $80 per person per day.  It's totally worth it since the hotel's prices are pretty steep for food and drinks.  The all-inclusive package includes ALL food and beverages (even room service 24/7).  THe hotel is rather isolated so if you are looking for something close to all the action, La Amada is not the right choice.  I wanted a place far away from everything so that my guests don't get distracted with a million things to do and we can all have some quality time together.  You can organize activities and day trips and Isla Mujeres is only like 15 minutes away and there is also a golf course on the premises and a marina where you can charter boats for the day. 

Feel free to ask any questions you might have about La Amada!  Happy planning!

Originally Posted by Rmarino222 View Post

I'm getting married at La Amada in December and actually just got back from there last week.  I am absolutely in love with the hotel!  The service is amazing and it's a beautiful hotel.  Very white and modern and clean and the rooms are great and really cheap (for my wedding in December the junior suites are only $165/night).  Another bonus is that they now have an optional all-inclusive plan for only $80 per person per day.  It's totally worth it since the hotel's prices are pretty steep for food and drinks.  The all-inclusive package includes ALL food and beverages (even room service 24/7).  THe hotel is rather isolated so if you are looking for something close to all the action, La Amada is not the right choice.  I wanted a place far away from everything so that my guests don't get distracted with a million things to do and we can all have some quality time together.  You can organize activities and day trips and Isla Mujeres is only like 15 minutes away and there is also a golf course on the premises and a marina where you can charter boats for the day. 

Feel free to ask any questions you might have about La Amada!  Happy planning!

Hi, just want to know if you have files that you could send me about food, private events, flowers, decor or any others item that you think is useful.

Thanks a lot

Caroline (jellybeans88@msn.com)

The food (and drinks!) at Le Reve is amazing.  We did a menu tasting and loved just about everthing we tried.  For the alcohol, they charge about 15/person for the corkage fee -- this covers all your mixers for 5 hours. 

LeReve is amazing! I had my wedding there and I was blown away of how gorgeous this place was. The staff was amazing and my husband and I plan to return for our anniversary. I will be more than happy to send your picutre if you wan any ideas. My photographer Blue Lens Caribe (Mirko) was amazing. He placed alot of attention to our pictures and video. He even came by to preview our video the day after our Trash the Dress. Arlenis our wedding coordinator was an angel sent..through the whole process her words would comfort me and assure me that all would be taken care of.

Angie Sims

salazar220@hotmail.com

Hi guys.
I am also trying to decide between the two hotels. Le Reve and La Amada. Could someone please send me any info they have on costs for La Amada. I have  info for Le Reve. But Im having a hard time getting any info right now from the WC at La Amada. Info on receptions and addons would be great, and any room rates. Thanks so much.

My email is Admay19@hotmail.com

Hi Uleesa,

I had my wedding at LeReve last October 2010. Everything about that place was beautiful! I had the most amazing time there. I would'nt have been able to have such an amazing wedding if it wasnt for the wedding coordinator at LeReve, Arlenis. Feel free to email me. I can send you pics and info. LeReve is definatley your best choice. I plan to return for my anniversary this October (which you get a discount if you return for your anniversary). cheers.gif 

Angie Salazar

salazar220@hotmail.com

Originally Posted by Carolineandtaylan View Post

Hi, if you want to give me your email I could send you the infos that Le Rêve send me about weddings, all-inclusive, menus, etc.

You should also consider Le Reve's promotion as well, Its a sweet deal that "BooBoo" is the lucky 1st bride EVER to sign up for the promo :)  can we get a #2?

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/thread/73510/del-sol-photography-la-luna-photography-hotel-lereve-bdwf-promotion

Good luck

matt