New Forum suggestion

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 boscobel

boscobel
  • VIP Member
  • 24,213 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:14 AM

Oh, ya know, you are right.  The new forum can't recognize the old forum in that sense.  I don't think that's something that's going to be fixed.  I would just go into the newbie forum and mark it all read for now and then you can start welcoming them fresh.  Or you can do a search for all new threads in the newbie section since the last time you welcomed them and do a welcome from that list.  I think this is just one of the things that we have to deal with in the new forum and it's not something that's going to be fixed.  But you can post it in the thread that was created for problems and see what Tammy or a mod says.

#12 JanineA

JanineA
    • 2,482 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:20 AM

Thanks Carly!! Yeah I have already started just welcoming the ones I don't remember welcoming before, in time it will be resolved and I am also going through all the new posts and welcoming the ones I see there.  Thanks for your help! I'm so excited about this new forum. I like it!!!

#13 TheFutureWagners

TheFutureWagners
      • Banned
      • 2,710 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:28 AM

I was having a hard time trying to figure out the whole new post new thread thing too.

#14 JanineA

JanineA
        • 2,482 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:46 AM

Yeah its a little tricky. Carly I also noticed when someone responds to a thread after me, the thread goes back to being bright blue, so it makes you think that I didn't respond.....so I went ahead and passed the suggestion on to Tammy. Hopefully we figure something out because so far this morning I have responded to most items under "All New Posts" but people keep going in after me and responding so all show up as bright blue again as if I didn't write anything.....but I do love how easy it is to post....woohoo I am racking up those points...loving it!

#15 Cindy*

Cindy*
          • 2,655 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:53 AM

Hi, I saw someone brought this up already but I didn't see the reply.  If I missed it, my apologies.  Will people's wedding locations and dates come back to their avatar area?  I really love seeing when someone is getting married at my resort before me so I can watch for planning threads and reviews on my resort. Thanks.

#16 boscobel

boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:05 AM

I don't know if they'll be coming back up, but it's def something that you can add to your signaure.  I stole that from someone else, but I added my info right to my siggy...

#17 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:24 PM

i think tammy already answered this in the main "report issues here" thread, but it isn't the text that is blue or not if you've responded, it's the shaded background.  and yes, it does carry over from the old forum - at least mine have.

and i know tammy also responded to the wedding date and location info too - sounds like something that should be coming!

#18 Cindy*

Cindy*
                • 2,655 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 03:43 AM

Thanks Ann and Carly.  I also noticed that you can click on someone's name and see their community profile so you can see there wedding info there as well.  Though Carly, I like your idea of putting it in your siggie.

#19 sposa

sposa
                  • 44 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:21 AM

the forum looks fantastic!!!!!!congratulations.

#20 TheFutureWagners

TheFutureWagners
                    • Banned
                    • 2,710 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:37 AM

I agree with this original post-I liked being able to see where and when everyone's weddings would be! Can we get this back up somehow?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users