LOVE Getting Postcards Back!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 stina76

• 54 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 08:09 PM

We put two postcards in each of the OOT bags, both were pre-stamped.  But one had our address on it and the other was blank for them to send to whomever they wanted.  I put in the welcome letter that we would like to hear how everyone liked the wedding trip when we got back.  I LOVE that we did this!!  It has been so fun reading the comments that our guests wrote.  I have to admit I almost cried a couple of times reading a few of them!  They were super cheap too!  I made them on Vistaprint with a photo I already had of the beach we were getting married on.  Then I put "Life is Good in the Florida Keys" and July 2010.  I am going to keep them and put them in a scrapbook.  I would totally recommend this!! 

#2 Beach0327

• 31 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 08:22 PM

That's exciting!  I'm glad to hear that people actually send those back.  Thanks for the recommendation!

#3 jszy10

• 1,192 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 04:30 AM

I love it!!!  I am definitely do this! Thanks!!  Could your guests send them from the resort, or did they send them when they returned?

#4 vlynnw

• 6,003 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 04:55 AM

That is a great idea, I think I'm going to have to do this!

Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#5 smtc0245

• 106 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:12 AM

Good to hear that people send them back I love the idea but was afraid people wouldn't send them back

Bride, Groom + 23 Guests Booked

#6 stina76

• 54 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:09 AM

Jszy10 - They were able to send them from the resort.  I noticed a few people sent them when they got home though. 

Depending on where you are getting married (what country) it may not be as cheap for the stamps.  I didn't really think about that.  I had it easy in the US.  I may have been upset if I took the time to find and pay the money for the stamps in a foreign country and people didn't use them!  : )  If it's not a super expensive addition, I would say do it!!   You will love the ones you do get back!

#7 Anna22

• 95 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:45 AM

I am going to do this as well!!

#8 TheFutureWagners

• Banned
                • 2,710 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:10 AM

This is an AWESOME idea!!! Such a great idea for feedback!

#9 sltrotter18

• 151 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:28 AM

Ooh I do like this.  Since we are getting married in the DR, maybe I'll put a note that they need to be sent back when they get home due to postage. 

#10 jszy10

• 1,192 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 12:07 PM

I will have to look into what it would require in mexico, and if they can be sent from the resort?!  I love the idea and I'm sure it is great to hear from your guests on what they enjoyed!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users