Riu Palace Brides Post Here!!!

Hi ladies,

We're booked at the palace for February 18, 2011.  We just sent our invitations out last week.  I made boarding pass invites to go along with our destination wedding.

For Save the Dates, I created a postcard on Zazzle (El Arco in the background) and sent it out a year in advance. 

We chose to get married at 5:30 pm, I think sun sets at 6 or 6:30 in the winter.  We're contemplating renting out the terrace but I'm told we don't make arrangements this early in the process, only when we have final guest numbers down. 

Can anyone tell me who the wedding coordinator is to contact at the Palace?  Thanks so much!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm.... that's weird that they said you can't rent out the terrace yet. I'm getting married after you and have the terrace reserved already for our wedding as well as the gazebo and the mariachis. The person i have been in contact with at the Palace is Monse, and she's great.   Have you been in contact with them at all?

Hey Ladies! Hope you all had a fun weekend! Back to work and planning for me! I was thinking of doing an engraved shot glass for everyone too, but am concerned of getting them over there all in one piece. We can ship them prior to us arriving, but we'll see. Also, I can just see after a few too many shots or drinks half of my friends/family leaving the shot glasses there or something. Wouldn't want that to happen! I'd love to do a OTB, but not sure if that is in the budget or not. We'll see. I do love your maraca idea though Lauren! I will post what I decide to do and add a pic too.

Now that we have the date set I am picking the save the date cards, finalizing the guest list and narrowing down colors. So far I really like this deep teal blue that I saw on The Knot. I need to pick accent colors to go with. I'm thinking the deep teal color will look great with the sun shining and the ocean in the background. :)

I have our photographer booked and they will travel with us to Cabo.... thankfully! Is anyone doing a "Trash the Dress" shoot with their photographer? I saw pics online (link below) ... I love it and want to do this the day after. http://whereintheworldisfrance.com/2009/07/rui-palace-hotel-and-lovers-beach-cabo-san-lucas-mexico-weddin/

There is so much to think about and do now that we are confirmed for our date. I am not sure where we will have the reception. Do any of you know if there is a price difference between having the reception at the Mexican Terrace or the Patio? I predict around 50 or so people will attend the wedding/reception. I want to make sure to have room for dancing etc. Is anyone planning on bringing or hiring a DJ for your reception? I am going to look into it and see what the cost looks like. My FI and I LOVE to dance and so do my friends and family so getting a DJ for the reception is a possibility ....I will post what I find out about a DJ.

Are any of you taking a trip to the hotel before your wedding date? I'm not sure if we will, but I'd love to because I want to know what the receptions options look like in person. My friend who is helping me with the planning assures me that any choice I make at the RIU will be a good one because the location is so beautiful! I am counting on that to be true.

The restaurants are $500 for the second seating (8-11) and $1000 for the first seating (6:30 - 11) but if you do it in the other locations you have to pay a certain amount per person plus $500 for the site. I'm not doing a DJ just because there isn't going to be a lot of us and the partying has to stop at 11 so once 11 comes around we're just going to go to a club and party the rest of the night away so i'm just bringing an IPod. But if your reception is early you may want to think about renting out the club a the hotel, they let you rent it out from 8-11 for $500. And that $500 includes the bartender and DJ. If i was having dinner earlier i would probably rent the club out but my wedding is pretty late so i'm having dinner at 8. If you want you can give me your email address and i can send you a PDF i have with all this informaion about RIU extras and fees.

On another note ladies, my BM dress came in today and it is FAB i ordered it from a maker in China and they did a great job. So happy with it!

O and as far as doing a site visit, i wish i could but it's not in the budget. But i'm positive the hotel is as pretty as the pics show so i'm not too worried lol.

As for TTD i am TOTALLY DOING IT!! lol I actually posted that link on another thread i created about Lovers Beach. That link is what made me decide to to the TTD session. :) I'm using Mango Productions since we cant bring outside vendors and i'm not flying down a photog from here.

I'm so excited that there are more of us Riu Palace Brides! Yay!!!

Hi gettingmarried! Thanks for the post - Yes, pics and when you have a chance let us know the details! Congratulations!!

Lauren - exciting about your BM dresses!! Take a pic when you have a chance! I'd love to see them! We decided that it is not in the budget to visit the hotel before the wedding.... we'd rather spend that money on something for the wedding. Funny that you had that link posted too.... such nice pics! How big is your wedding party? We are confirming the BM and GM this week. We have our MOH and BM picked and confirmed, so we are set there :) Thanks for the reception info! I'll PM you my email address.

Hello!

I am getting married at the Riu Palace on Feb. 22nd, 2011 @ 5pm.  We are getting married on the beach, and have rented the Mexican Restaurant Terrace from 8-11pm.  Does anybody know what the mexican restaurant food is like?  Also, is anybody doing a private cocktail party between the ceremony and the dinner?  Thanks:)

I'm doing a cocktail hour from 7-8!!! Haven't booked it the the WC yet but will be dong that soon!

I don't know what the food is like personally but i have heard they have very good food, i heard the steakhouse is a little better thu.

Ok ladies, those having the private reception, are you going to select a few dishes for the guests to choose from or are you going to just have everyone choose whatever they want from the menu???

And my bridal party isn't that big it'll be about 6 BM and 5 GM and 2 RB (ring bearers).