Photo

Wedding in Cabo on Nov 12th -- No Coordinator

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 texanna

texanna
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 03:11 PM

Hi everyone -- Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I'm getting married on Sunday, November 12th in Cabo San Lucas. It's a small, casual affair with just friends and family -- 23 guests total. We're staying at Villa del Cabo near Misiones Beach. I've run out of luck with three different wedding coordinators so I decided to plan it myself. I figure with such a small group, I can't go wrong. MINISTER: Scott Parsons. He sent me a copy of his vows #2 and they are lovely!!! CATERER: Lazy Gourmet. PHOTOGRAPHER: Selecting between Pepe Lima and Peter Hatton. If anyone has an opinion, please let me know. Flowers and Music are up next! Thank you in advance for any advice! Oh, my name is Anna. I live in New York City. And for those of you wondering, it is possible to plan a destination wedding in six weeks. Our planning started October 6th. :-)

#2 NATASHA

NATASHA
    • 646 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 03:17 PM

Welcome!

I'm getting married the day before you. How are you liking Lazy Gourmet? What are their prices like?

I don't know Pepe Lima, but we had looked into Peter Hatton and liked his work. I would contact Fun and Motivation for music.

There are several brides who are sourcing their own flowers so they should be able to help with that.
      Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

#3 TammyB

TammyB
      • 10,630 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 03:18 PM

Another November bride, welcome... When do you plan on leaving for cabo. Congrats BTW.

With all the problems I've been having with my WC I understand why you choose to do it on your own. I would have too except we wanted a legal wedding in Cabo, and I never found a Judge to perform it.

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 25 October 2006 - 03:20 PM

welcome anna! i think it is possible to plan a DW in a few months!

Both Peter and Pepe are great so i am sure you can't go wrong with whoever you choose...i think Leigh, who had a villa wedding used Lazy gourmet and loved them...let me check for you.

Flowers...in cabo your best bet is Flower Cart...i would rec. floreria palmela BUT i don't think they go to cabo san lucas (only to los cabos) because they are based in San Jose.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 Jennifer

Jennifer
        • 218 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 03:42 PM

Welcome! Hope it all goes well!

#6 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
          • VIP Member
          • 11,403 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 03:57 PM

You go girl! I admire you for doing this on your own in a short period of time. think of all the prolonged stress you missed out on! :)

#7 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 6,996 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 05:02 PM

Wow! Congratulations ahead of time! You've already been given lots of great suggestions by the other brides, let us know if there's anything else we can help out with!

#8 KARLA

KARLA
              • 373 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 05:05 PM

Welcome Anna!

Wow, more Nov brides! Scott Parsons is marrying us also.

What would I have done without the last 10 months of obsessing about what type of flowers to get? Seriously, I sort of wished I had done it all in a month! And honestly, there are so many last minute things I chose, so I do believe it's totally doable. I think latin american culture is last minute anyway!

#9 texanna

texanna
                • 16 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 06:53 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions! I have to say, it's thanks to this forum I've been able to source everything so quickly. My fiance and I arrive on Wednesday 11/9 so maybe I'll see some of you there. Maybe I'll learn how to post a picture between now and then. Right now I just have to make a choice between Cabo Surf hotel and having a private affair at our villa (catered by Lazy Gourmet). Money aside, I'm happy to hear everyone's thoughts. (Yes, last-minute planning all the way...)

#10 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                  • 11,659 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 25 October 2006 - 07:30 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by texanna
                  Thanks for all the suggestions! I have to say, it's thanks to this forum I've been able to source everything so quickly. My fiance and I arrive on Wednesday 11/9 so maybe I'll see some of you there. Maybe I'll learn how to post a picture between now and then. Right now I just have to make a choice between Cabo Surf hotel and having a private affair at our villa (catered by Lazy Gourmet). Money aside, I'm happy to hear everyone's thoughts. (Yes, last-minute planning all the way...)
                  here are some instrux on how to post pics...there are 2 ways.

http://bestdestinati....ead.php?t=1138

http://bestdestinati....ead.php?t=1137

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                  Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                  Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                  Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                  sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                  Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users