Sign in to follow this  
KaytlinJean

Married before your destination wedding?

my husband (I JUST LOVE SAYING THAT) and i got married at home..in TX you have that as a choice.  i wanted to avoid the courthouse at all cost...

we used a great officiant and he came to our home and married us.  it was just the two of us and it was the most intimate and loving ceremony, ever.  i lit candles, put up a few of our destination wedding decorations (check out my planning thread for pics) and we had our ceremony in the comforts and privacy of our own home.  today is actually one month since our at home ceremony.  woot.gif

getting the legal part out of the way will save us hundreds when we jump the broom in jamaica plus my husband got the small, intimate ceremony that he wanted and i get the big splashy beach affair in 5 weeks...

i always knew i was among one of the luckiest girls on earth...i got the guy AND i get to marry him twice...woo hoo!!!

as always, happy planning, all!!

R~

You've got my wheels turning!  This sounds a lot more appealing than the courthouse to me.  I realize we'll be doing this in different states, but did your officiant also take care of your marriage license?  How do I find your planning thread?  (I'm still figuring out this site!) 

Originally Posted by futuremrstgun View Post

my husband (I JUST LOVE SAYING THAT) and i got married at home..in TX you have that as a choice.  i wanted to avoid the courthouse at all cost...

we used a great officiant and he came to our home and married us.  it was just the two of us and it was the most intimate and loving ceremony, ever.  i lit candles, put up a few of our destination wedding decorations (check out my planning thread for pics) and we had our ceremony in the comforts and privacy of our own home.  today is actually one month since our at home ceremony.  woot.gif

getting the legal part out of the way will save us hundreds when we jump the broom in jamaica plus my husband got the small, intimate ceremony that he wanted and i get the big splashy beach affair in 5 weeks...

i always knew i was among one of the luckiest girls on earth...i got the guy AND i get to marry him twice...woo hoo!!!

as always, happy planning, all!!

R~

hi there...ndvidul!

you can access my planning thread by clicking the link below...or click my name and take a peak at all of my posts...

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/74113/mrstgun-s-planning-updates-pic-heavy-and-will-share-some-templates-if-requested/340#post_1662502 

i'm not sure if MO has the same requirements as TX but..the officiant was really helpful..i googled wedding officiants, read his reviews and gave him a call...

my husband and i went down to the courthouse and completed the papework for the license...got the license...kept it under lock and key (aka my purse)..had the officiant sign it after our ceremony...then recorded it the monday following our at home wedding...got a certified copy and the original..i took that to the SSN office that same monday..had my name changed and voila..i am now officially mrstgun!  real simple..

i loved the convenience of having the officiant perform the ceremony at home and was tickled that i was able to 'make a great memory' with my husband..something that he and i can cherish forever...then in 5 weeks, i get the blow-out beach wedding of my dreams...can't wait.

good luck, love!

as always, until next time, happy planning!!

R~

Originally Posted by ndvidul View Post

You've got my wheels turning!  This sounds a lot more appealing than the courthouse to me.  I realize we'll be doing this in different states, but did your officiant also take care of your marriage license?  How do I find your planning thread?  (I'm still figuring out this site!) 

Thank you so much, futuremrstgun!  (or should I say mrstgun?) :)  Can't wait to look at your thread and see if we can have an officiant perform ours at home as well.

Happy planning to you!  So excited for you that your date is around the corner. :)

We got married In St Maarten in March , the wedding coordinator told us to take a certified copy of our marriage License to our county court house and file it , this is our legal marriage certificate mind you , and they would NOT take it here in Carlisle,PA they said they only file marriage licenses that they issued !! We live in this county , and I don't understand there rules , wow that sucks !! I still don't know what we need to do with this , we are legall according to our ML in the country of the Netherlands but Im not sure if that's legal here or if we need to renew our vows and get a ML here now ? When I find out I will post !! .....Susie S

I'm getting married at city hall first by a justice of the peace