Pampering, Rings and Pre-travel packages

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Positanobride10

• 205 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 10:22 AM

I picked up our wedding bands today on my way home from getting my hair trimmed and highlighted.

Before I talk about my wedding ring, I have to mention my hair and skin. I made an appointment 4 days before our departure to Europe to get my hair pampered and touched up. I am a naturally dirty blond that prefers to accent her natural blond features. That means, I lighten it just a touch with partial highlights. My blog pic is actually my natural hair color, dirty blond.

Since blonds have a hard time with shine because the sun does not reflect off it like darker hair colors, my stylist recommended a conditioning treatment. I cannot remember what it is called but it will help with shine. I will probably also get my roots touched up too.

I have an appointment next Wednesday to get a facial. So excited. I do not pamper myself often and I love doing it. Its better than shopping..which I am itching to do since it's been 75 in DC this week. I want to get some cute sun dresses for our trip...naturally :)

Ok..back to my rings. I am using my grandmother's engagement ring since I was so close to her. So, my local jeweler, custom made me a wedding band using some lose diamonds. I love it! My engagement ring is not too big so the wedding band compliments it very well. Together they are dainty, cute, and girly. Just what I wanted.

My FH's ring is awesome too. I am so pleased he is happy with it too.

Everything is falling into place. I am no longer super stressed. Thank goodness too! The only thing I am worried about is the pre-travel packet I wanted to do. I may not have the time. Last weekend I made our AHR invitations so they'd be done and I wouldn't have to worry about it while we were in Europe. I am also in grad school and have to give an hour and a half lecture Monday.

So..what about the pre-travel packets...I decided to put it on hold until after my presentation. So, next week. And if I cannot do it..I cannot do it. I am not going to worry. I am going with the attitude that I am the only one who really cares. I can email the document if needed with our schedule of events.

I am getting so excited...I'll be on a plane in a little over one month ...going to marry my best friend! :)

Here are my custom/antique rings:

#2 Eliana

• 676 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:41 AM

wowww sooo beautifullllllllllllllll

#3 Positanobride10

• 205 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:13 PM

Thank you :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users