I went for my second fitting yesterday. My future sister-in-law helped me into my dress and while she was zipping it up, I realized my dress was perfect! All the bad feelings went out the window.
When thinking about my last two fittings I can offer this advise.
- DON'T go to your fitting when your friend is in for a visit
- DO go when you feel best.
- DON'T beat yourself up about your weight or anything you cannot change
- EXPECT that your dress will not be pressed for the fittings and it will have wrinkles.
- EXPECT that the lighting in the stores are awful and don't stare too deeply at any flaws you think you have.
- KEEP your skin hydrated with lotions after you shower. I recommend original Cruel or Eurcerin daily calming lotion.
- DO curl your hair, wear make up that may be close to what you'll do for your wedding day so you can visualize the moments.
If you are like me and have a moment of self pitty and regret, try to remember why you bought your dress and go back to the store when you feel better. Best of Luck to anyone who feels this way.