Question about wedding picture prints.

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 robindepaula

robindepaula
  • Banned
  • 514 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 11:04 AM

I refer my clients that have their full-access cd's to go to Mpix.com Online Digital Imaging Service - Order digital photo prints online from professional imaging lab for their prints; the prices are very reasonable & the quality is great.

I've heard so many bad things from other photogs about pictage that I stayed far, far away from them when building my website & deciding upon online proofing. If a client is ordering from my site, I want to have some quality control as to what they are receiving . . . don't trust not seeing what my client will be getting!!

I'd highly recommend staying away from the walgreens, walmart kiosk's for your images . . . you've paid all that money on a great photographer, you want to get great prints too!

Hope this helps,
    Robin

#22 foxytv

foxytv
    • VIP Member
    • 7,740 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 10:29 PM

When you ladies get Promo Codes from Pictage ... are they specific to a particular event that you viewed ... or are they good for you to use for any prints?

#23 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
      • 679 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 10:38 PM

I don't know if any of you are planning on getting any canvas pictures, but I have a great website. It is Photos Printed on Canvas . The quality is great, and the prices are very good.
        Brittney & Peter
        July 12, 2008
        Riu Ocho Rios

http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

#24 TammyB

TammyB
        • 10,630 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:48 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by BrittneyD
          I don't know if any of you are planning on getting any canvas pictures, but I have a great website. It is Photos Printed on Canvas . The quality is great, and the prices are very good.
          Hmmm I never even thought about that before but, I bet it would look amazing for wedding pictures. Hmmm might have to order one to see if I like it.

#25 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
          • 679 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:19 AM

We ordered a canvas print of one of our e-pics. It turned out great!
            Brittney & Peter
            July 12, 2008
            Riu Ocho Rios

http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

#26 jen rau

jen rau
            • 15 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 10:25 AM

tammy
              did your photographer give you your files. you might want to ask if the files you have are just proofs or finished files, that a big question in determining how your prints will look if you take them elsewhere.
              some photographers give finished files, some don't. when ordering through pictage, you have the guarantee of finished prints. pictage does have huge sales at christmas.

#27 TammyB

TammyB
              • 10,630 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 10:49 AM

Hi Jen, when I get my DVD with the pictures it will be of finished files. I like the quality of pictage, however on a few of my black and white pictures it's kindof spotty in the black area, so I want to see how it looks on the DVD he sends me. And order those through a different company.

#28 antonia321

antonia321
                • 122 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 02:15 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by starchild
                  A photographer in L.A. recommended myphotopipe. They are SUPER cheap. He said photographers he knows get prints from there and mark them up like crazy for clients who turn to them for prints.

I'm doing my prints/photobook with them. I'm willing to bet the quality is better than snapfish/shutterfly/etc.

Anyone here use them or know anything about them? If not it looks like I'll be the guinea pig :o)
                  myPhotopipe.com - The online print lab for serious digital photographers nationwide.

Hi guinea pig!! ;P how did your iphotopipe.com pictures turnout? so curious!

#29 Richard King

Richard King
                  • 16 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 12:40 PM

a professional will be using acid free archival paper, your local store will be using whatever. in 20 years time the professional images will be vibrant and like the day they were printed. th echeap ones will be faded and discolloured. look at the pics your mom took when you were a kid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users