(btw, the BM knows of our new plan and stated "Are you guys having the wedding back home. I love you" - LOL)
So after many tears and ranting and raving, we've decided to have our wedding back in Newfoundland (NF), where we're both from.
I want to get married as soon as possible, and my mom suggested having it in their backyard anytime between now and the end of Sept. They also said they'd provide all the flowers (they have their own garden nursery). FI wanted to wait until next spring or summer. I'm not that patient.
I've been stomach sick since the wedding came crashing down on our heads, and with crap going on at work, it all caught up with me on Friday with a giant headache and nausea.
(and no, I am not pregnant!)
I took the day off work to try and relax and see if I can get some calls made to NF and get some information.
I managed to get ahold of a lady who's a wedding planner AND commissioner. Nice! But after a bit of thinking, she'd be great to officiate our wedding, but if she's running off to other weddings, I'm not sure if I'm comfortable having her plan our wedding. What if something goes wrong - she won't be there to fix it!
I was emailing everyone I knew that could help with pulling off a wedding in Sept. I didn't realize how fast things book up when you're planning a wedding.
Once FI got home from work (and many advils later), we both talked about it and decided that Sept is way too soon to have the wedding. Also, his mom can't get the time off work, and FI won't have a wedding without her.
I called my mom to tell her, she then backed out of having the wedding at their place and said that no flowers would be ready for late May/early June. Thanks Mom , I can always count on you.
We did a bit more research on the net today. I think we're going to try and get a wedding planner to help organize things from so far away. I'd like to have it on a Friday, the least everyone can do is take that afternoon off. If I'm going to sacrifice my vacation time, my money and my energy, the least everyone can do is take off early on a Friday.
(I'm still pretty bitter towards my so-called friends and family. Can ya tell?)
So we think we'll have the wedding Friday, June 12, 2009. Just under a year away. And we're back to square one.
At least it means I have 6 more months of gabbing about wedding plans with all you BDW ladies!
So we've come up with Plan B
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users