38 replies to this topic

#31 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 01:24 PM

wow - awesome! thanks so much.

well, don't be too impressed with my fiance, note that I said he's SUPPOSED to be doing our website. also note that i don't have it in my profile - so it's nowhere near done! in fact, all we have is the domain name. oh, he did do the welcome page. but that's it! he hasn't even thought about a suit yet.

#32 marfa75

marfa75
    • 71 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 08:06 PM

Hola, as promised here is the itinerary.......

#33 marfa75

marfa75
      • 71 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 12:07 PM

Ann, do you know where you are going for your honeymoon yet? We are only going about an hour away from Puerto Vallarta to a place called verana. ts just simple bungalows in the jungle, i cant wait. V E R A N A

#34 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 12:21 PM

In retrospect, that probably would have been a great idea! We're actually going to Hawaii. And I really don't have a choice in the matter - FI has always wanted to honeymoon in Hawaii. Neither of us have ever been there, and FI wouldn't ever go before because he always wanted the first time in Hawaii to be on his honeymoon! So - that's where we're headed. And really - I can't complain. I mean, Mexico for a week, than Hawaii! WOOHOO!

#35 marfa75

marfa75
          • 71 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 02:38 PM

ahhh thats nice. my brother just got back from Hawaii and he really never wanted to come home.
            On a completely other topic. Not sure if Nicole mentioned anything to you about placemats or napkins. If you are picky about it, you may have to bring down your own. They only have white or yellow placemats. I'm buying bamboo placemats and bringing them down with me. I will probably also buy taupe colored napkins. Have you thought yet how you want your tables to look? I am having a big palm leaf on each plate, then the napkin folded long and skinny on top of the leaf and then a starfish or and sand dollar on top of the napkin. My centerpiece will hopefully be a tall skinny vase with white orchids in it, i am still waiting to hear back from nicole on prices.

#36 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 07:35 PM

Hi Marisa -

I just realized I never read this post. I haven't talked to Nicole about table decor yet at all. I am thinking somewhat simple, but I don't want plain. I love the idea of the bamboo placemats. What do they look like, do you have any pictures? Any chance you want to sell them when you're done with them!? I don't think I really want yellow placemats - I guess white would do, but I'd rather not. I will ask Nicole.

When you get pictures of what you're tables will look like - pass them along!

How's the planning coming - your date isn't that far away!

#37 marfa75

marfa75
              • 71 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 01:05 AM

Hey Ann,

I dont have any pictures but they are similar to these: Bamboo Placemat at Wrapables - Placemats & Napkins
                I would sell them to you if Nicole is willing to hang on to them for a few months until your wedding. I am shipping them down, thats the annoying and expensive part. It will probably be about $50 to send. I paid 4 bucks each so i can sell them to you for 2 bucks each if you want. I have 60 of them.
                I cant believe I will be in Mexico in one month. Come on, get Christmas over with so I can focus on wedding stuff again. : )

#38 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 24,768 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 09:33 PM

I am going to post this "play-by-play" of a wedding at Las Caletas that the WC, Nicole, sent to me. It does help you understand what the day would be like, and it may help other potential Las Caletas brides! Keep in mind - they have 2 wedding packages, I am doing the "deluxe" wedding package.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
                  Las Caletas is a truly magical place to exchange your vows and celebrate
                  this special occasion. It is our private beach cove in the south bay and is
                  only accessible by sea - giving it the seclusion and ambiance of an island
                  hideaway. Las Caletas covers an enormous area and features several beaches,
                  a pyramid amphitheater built into the tropical forest and mountain side,
                  various facilities/buildings (spa, kitchens, eating areas/restaurants, bars,
                  restrooms, etc), and several hundred acres of tropical forest. For all
                  Deluxe Weddings at Las Caletas a private catamaran, beach, dinner and
                  reception area are included - making half of Las Caletas completely private
                  for you and your group all night!

During the wedding, the rest of Caletas will host our regular evening tour
                  there, called Rhythms of the Night. This is a quiet evening that includes
                  dinner and a show at the pyramid amphitheater. The area where your wedding
                  will be is completely separate and private from where the other guests will
                  be and it is unlikely that you will even know that they are there,
                  especially as you will arrive well before them and depart after them as
                  well.

Your evening would begin when you and your guests board one of our top of
                  the line catamarans from either Puerto Vallarta or Nuevo Vallarta (whichever
                  is most convenient to where you and your guests are staying). You will then
                  cruise south along the Puerto Vallarta coastline, past Los Arcos and
                  Mismaloya to Las Caletas. Upon arrival, your guests will be led to the beach
                  where they will enjoy cocktails and appetizers while you and your
                  bridesmaids prepare for the ceremony at our very own hill top spa. Paul will
                  also have a separate area where he can change if need be, that also features
                  a lounge with full drink and appetizer service for him and his buddies. The
                  ceremony would follow, taking place directly on the beach.

After the ceremony you would have time for photographs with your
                  photographer, before you and your guest would sit down to an absolutely
                  lovely dinner on the terraces surrounding and overlooking the beach where
                  you've just had your ceremony. While you and Paul have your wedding
                  photographs taken, your guests would again be able to enjoy additional
                  appetizers and cocktails.

Dinner is a first class buffet that features a number of different entrees
                  to suit the tastes of everyone. It includes grilled steak, grilled chicken,
                  fish, a mushroom alfredo pasta, rice, freshly cooked and grilled vegetables,
                  panela cheese, and several salad options. A dessert buffet is also included
                  which features brownies, pie, a traditional rice pudding dish, and plenty of
                  fresh cut tropical fruit. Sparkling wine is served towards the end of dinner
                  for toasting, and before you head down for your first dance you will be able
                  to cut your wedding cake (it will be available to eat throughout the
                  reception).

While you and your guests enjoy your dinner, the ceremony set up on the
                  beach is broken down, and a dance floor laid out in the sand (so you would
                  have something sturdy to dance on), tables and chairs are set up around the
                  dance floor for your guests to relax in, and the torches, candles and
                  bonfire are set out/up and lit.

After dinner you would have approximately two to two and half hours of
                  reception time before reboarding the catamaran at 10:45 to head back to
                  Vallarta. The boat ride back is a continuation of the reception and you and
                  your guests will be able to enjoy music, dancing and an open bar all the way
                  home. If you would like to extend the time you have at Caletas and make the
                  reception time you have there longer, extra hours are available at $10 per
                  person per hour (charge for extra hours begin at 10:30 pm). Most of the
                  time, I have a hard time getting the wedding parties to leave, because Las
                  Caletas, and the beach there are an absolutely incredible location for not
                  only the wedding ceremony itself, but also the reception, and people just
                  never want to seem to go - but it is important to keep in mind that it is an
                  hour ride back to Vallarta!
                  -----------------------------------------------------------------

#39 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 3,754 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 12:07 AM

Ann,

That sounds amazing! I say you extend the hours!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users