Wedding Planning Entry #6- The Dress

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 twixygrl

• 293 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 12:23 PM

It took a total of three shopping trips to find the dress. I had no idea what I wanted...so I tried a little bit of everything. I have posted the pictures of my dress below. I tried this dress on the first day at Demetrios, but thought it was too expensive. At first, everyone that saw the dress said...it looks great...but what about the hem...it looks like mini blinds...it looks like a fan. In fact, for the rest of the dress shopping trips everyone referred to it as "the fan dress."

But, as soon as we got home and took a look at the pictures, it was clear that the fan dress stood out. In fact, everyone who saw the pictures of the dresses i tried on picted the fan dress! Plus, since we are getting married in mexico, the fan hem seems to fit!

I was absolutely thrilled when I found out that I could order the dress online. After doing tons of research, I found that www.netbrides.com had just about the best reputation. Another bride on the forum ordered her dress there, she was happy, and it arrived early! I requested a quote and it was $525 LESS then Demetrios!!! I was nervous at first, but after a ton of email exchanges I found out that they gurantee the dress, the size and the color. They also guarantee an outside delivery date. Finally, since the dress needed a hollow to hem alteration which can ONLY be done by the manufacturer, and I found out that they will guarantee that too I was sold.

#2 Bride010101

• 1,547 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 01:04 PM

Wow that dress is beautiful! Congrats

#3 dainanewell

• 203 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 04:47 PM

Gorgeous dress!...you look amazing in it!

#4 azhuskergirl

• 1,131 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:34 PM

holy cow! look at your rockin' bod! It looks amazing on you!

#5 kevsgirl

• 1,209 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 05:13 PM

That is absolutely gorgeous. You have a perfect hourglass figure! And what an amazing deal - good for you! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users