How many bags is too many?

starfish 1115

OK, so I am in the initial stages of planning our fabulous DW in Costa Rica. Needless to say, I have become obsessed with this blog (and others). I am a planner at heart so I don't want to start any projects until I can figure out how I am going to get it to Costa Rica - it's a control thing. How are you getting your DIY projects, accessories, decorations to you destination, and the ever growing OOT bags. Are you distributing amongst friends or sending it down early or buying it there. The real question is - how many bags is too many? feedback.gif

I am bringing an extra bag with us with everything in it. I dont want my friends/family to bring it because I want to put the OOT bags together before they arrive. I dont want to ship it because I am paranoid it wont arrive or something will happen in transit. So needless to say I am taking an extra checked bag (hopefully not two) myself. That just my opinion. I know some have had friends/family help. What airline are you taking? Maybe see what their baggage limits are.

I distributed some of my stuff but let me tell you- this was my least favorite part of travelling. I hated carrying the wedding dress- my hubby carried it most of the time for me. We only had one bag each plus the dress. I would NOT do any more than that. It's a pain and why pay for more?

I gave my mom all the wedding parties clothes to take in a carry on. She also took some tealight holders and my pashminas. It helped a bunch for her to have some empty suitcase space. I would just communicate with people about that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If people are leaving from your area I would ask them to save from space for you in their bag and then just pack some stuff in there.

I wouldn't wait to buy things down there, last time I went I had never been to that resort before and we ended up being so secluded so I couldn't do much shopping at all.

• 11 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • Hi everyone! I have been doing lots of research on various wedding venues all around Mexico, my fiance wants a destination wedding and I am happy to have a wedding wherever so long as the vibe is right and guests are happy!  I have been seriously looking at Cabo Azul and was trying to find potential costs for them, but only found a page about their wedding costs from 2010. Does anyone have any updated information on costs / reviews they would like to share of this venue? Or advice in general, anything helps. Thanks so much, happy wedding planning to all!
    • Hello everyone, I am dreaming of a wedding in Costa Rica and was wondering if I could get any help with venues and wedding planners. I am thinking Tamarindo because a close friend of mine lives there and I've been in town more than a couple of times, she's being helpful but is at a loss when it comes to this subject really so I was wondering if anyone here had recommendations. I am not closed to other town suggestions either, if I happen to find a good place and staff somewhere else. These are the places I have so far, has anyone had any experience with any of them?  Stay In Tamarindo Luxury Villas in Costa Rica Luxury Villas Pinilla Tropical Homes of Costa Rica The Point Luxury Villa Thank you so much for your help!
    • Have you ever considered having a wedding inside a bubble? With the current global situation, many couples are looking for unique and creative ways to celebrate their special day while keeping their guests safe. A wedding inside a bubble could provide a whimsical and intimate setting for your ceremony and reception. Imagine saying your vows surrounded by a beautiful bubble filled with twinkling lights and flowers, creating a magical atmosphere for you and your loved ones to enjoy.
    • Adult only resort or not? Let's discuss the pros and cons of choosing an adult-only resort for your honeymoon. While some couples may appreciate the peace and quiet that comes with an adults-only environment, others may prefer a more family-friendly atmosphere. What are your thoughts on this? Have you had any experiences at adult-only resorts that you'd like to share? Let's hear your opinions and recommendations!
    • When it comes to planning a wedding, one of the most exciting parts is choosing the perfect wedding favours for your guests. These small tokens of appreciation are a great way to thank your loved ones for being a part of your special day and to make them feel appreciated.
  • Topics