OOT Bag MADDNESS!

ErinB

My OOT bags have taken on a life of their own and become an obsession. I have got to STOP buying crap for them, no matter how cute/practical/stupid! I think (hope) I can fit it all into one suitcase!

I obviously am not Ansel Adams!

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...2/100_1055.jpg

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...2/100_1056.jpg

I decided to use the disposable bags because of the price, ease of transport, light weight, and disposability. (Is that even a word? It is now!)

Each bag includes:

• GUM

PASHMINA for the ladies

GOLF BALLS for the gents

FOLDERS

HAIR CLIPS & PONYTAIL HOLDERS

LIP BALM

GLASS WIPES

SUNSCREEN & LOTION

NAIL CARE - Polish Remover Wipes & File

SHOUT WIPES

CANDLE & MONOGRAMMED MATCHES

FIRST AID KITS with ADVIL, ROLAIDS, IMMODIUM

HAND SANITIZER

OFF WIPES

POST CARDS & PEN

CAMERA

CONDOMS for the singles (primarily as a joke, but we've all seen Cocktail and things happen in Jamaica!)

SHOE POLISH/BUFFER for the gents

The big folder is for all of the documents so they don't get lost: the Welcome Letter, Day of Timeline, and a sheet with each guests name with space to write a room/phone number so they can easily contact one another. I figure they can use it on the way home to hold all their travel crap too.

The pashminas are not pictured because they haven't come in yet. I'm also going to do a love song CD since all of the rooms have CD players and everyone needs a good "get-it-on" mix!

I'm still considering beer coozies and these fantastic palm tree bottle opener key chains.

I'm going to assemble there, so everything is out of it's packaging and in Ziploc baggies.

So far I'm up to $20 per bag, but that includes the bag, tissue, labels, etc. The number is a little off too, because I started purchasing with 24 bags in mind, but I only need 18.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi ErinB,

Quickie Question - how did you transport all of this to Jamaica? I'm struggling (we're headed to Mexico) mainly because of the new restrictions on baggage, but even with that I have no idea how I would be able to get all of this down there for 40 bags without it all exploding or being so heavy I have to pay $50 just to get it on the plane. Not that it can't happen that way, but I am just looking for tips. Hope your wedding was a blast!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • Hi everyone! I have been doing lots of research on various wedding venues all around Mexico, my fiance wants a destination wedding and I am happy to have a wedding wherever so long as the vibe is right and guests are happy!  I have been seriously looking at Cabo Azul and was trying to find potential costs for them, but only found a page about their wedding costs from 2010. Does anyone have any updated information on costs / reviews they would like to share of this venue? Or advice in general, anything helps. Thanks so much, happy wedding planning to all!
    • Hello everyone, I am dreaming of a wedding in Costa Rica and was wondering if I could get any help with venues and wedding planners. I am thinking Tamarindo because a close friend of mine lives there and I've been in town more than a couple of times, she's being helpful but is at a loss when it comes to this subject really so I was wondering if anyone here had recommendations. I am not closed to other town suggestions either, if I happen to find a good place and staff somewhere else. These are the places I have so far, has anyone had any experience with any of them?  Stay In Tamarindo Luxury Villas in Costa Rica Luxury Villas Pinilla Tropical Homes of Costa Rica The Point Luxury Villa Thank you so much for your help!
    • Have you ever considered having a wedding inside a bubble? With the current global situation, many couples are looking for unique and creative ways to celebrate their special day while keeping their guests safe. A wedding inside a bubble could provide a whimsical and intimate setting for your ceremony and reception. Imagine saying your vows surrounded by a beautiful bubble filled with twinkling lights and flowers, creating a magical atmosphere for you and your loved ones to enjoy.
    • Adult only resort or not? Let's discuss the pros and cons of choosing an adult-only resort for your honeymoon. While some couples may appreciate the peace and quiet that comes with an adults-only environment, others may prefer a more family-friendly atmosphere. What are your thoughts on this? Have you had any experiences at adult-only resorts that you'd like to share? Let's hear your opinions and recommendations!
    • When it comes to planning a wedding, one of the most exciting parts is choosing the perfect wedding favours for your guests. These small tokens of appreciation are a great way to thank your loved ones for being a part of your special day and to make them feel appreciated.
  • Topics