• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 9,504 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 05:07 PM

My OOT bags have taken on a life of their own and become an obsession. I have got to STOP buying crap for them, no matter how cute/practical/stupid! I think (hope) I can fit it all into one suitcase!

I obviously am not Ansel Adams!
    http://i233.photobuc....2/100_1055.jpg
    http://i233.photobuc....2/100_1056.jpg

I decided to use the disposable bags because of the price, ease of transport, light weight, and disposability. (Is that even a word? It is now!)

Each bag includes:
    • GUM
      PASHMINA for the ladies
      GOLF BALLS for the gents
      FOLDERS
      HAIR CLIPS & PONYTAIL HOLDERS
      LIP BALM
      GLASS WIPES
      SUNSCREEN & LOTION
      NAIL CARE - Polish Remover Wipes & File
      SHOUT WIPES
      CANDLE & MONOGRAMMED MATCHES
      FIRST AID KITS with ADVIL, ROLAIDS, IMMODIUM
      HAND SANITIZER
      OFF WIPES
      POST CARDS & PEN
      CAMERA
      CONDOMS for the singles (primarily as a joke, but we've all seen Cocktail and things happen in Jamaica!)
      SHOE POLISH/BUFFER for the gents

The big folder is for all of the documents so they don't get lost: the Welcome Letter, Day of Timeline, and a sheet with each guests name with space to write a room/phone number so they can easily contact one another. I figure they can use it on the way home to hold all their travel crap too.

The pashminas are not pictured because they haven't come in yet. I'm also going to do a love song CD since all of the rooms have CD players and everyone needs a good "get-it-on" mix!

I'm still considering beer coozies and these fantastic palm tree bottle opener key chains.

I'm going to assemble there, so everything is out of it's packaging and in Ziploc baggies.

So far I'm up to $20 per bag, but that includes the bag, tissue, labels, etc. The number is a little off too, because I started purchasing with 24 bags in mind, but I only need 18.

#2 soon to be a Green

soon to be a Green
    • 23 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 08:22 PM

Very practical items and I think everyone will really appreciate it. Now, is this something people do for destination weddings... I guess it will have to be another thing on my list to do... LOL!

#3 starfish 1115

starfish 1115
      • 79 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 06:22 PM

Crazy - yes! Fabulous- yes! You did a great job!

#4 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
        • VIP Member
        • 18,452 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 08:49 AM

I really like the hair ties and hair clip idea. i know i'm always forgetting them or losing them.
          ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
          Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
          Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#5 ValGalJCA

ValGalJCA
          • 21 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:18 AM

You were very creative. I will borrow many of your ideas. I especially like the folder for important documents. I think this is one of planning steps I am most excited about. Thanks for sharing.

#6 bride2becancun

bride2becancun
            • 21 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 03:16 PM

Wow that is alot of goodies i think your guest would really appreciate them' The CD the "C" dat is disaster waiting to happen LOL

#7 Celina

Celina
              • Banned
              • 2,811 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:02 PM

Cute! I like the idea of the folder to keep all the papers in check!
                "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#8 kisskissmd

kisskissmd
                • 59 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 08:08 AM

Hi ErinB,

Quickie Question - how did you transport all of this to Jamaica? I'm struggling (we're headed to Mexico) mainly because of the new restrictions on baggage, but even with that I have no idea how I would be able to get all of this down there for 40 bags without it all exploding or being so heavy I have to pay $50 just to get it on the plane. Not that it can't happen that way, but I am just looking for tips. Hope your wedding was a blast!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users