Name Changed

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jajajaja

• VIP Member
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 08:46 AM

Yesteday, I took the day off work to go to SS office, DMV and the bank. Holy crap- it took FOREVER. I made hubby go as well because I didn't really want to change my name and he was very insistent that I did.

After about an hour of listening to screaming kids in the SS office, he started to complain about waiting. I was very quick to remind him that it was his wonderful idea, so why should I wait alone. That shut him up really quick.

I could have been smart and mailed the thing in, but I didn't want to mail my marriage license because I needed that for other things. I also didn't know how to go about getting a copy, so we just waited. And waited some more.

The DMV was seamless. They must have found a way to button up their service, because I checked in with a chick and she sent me through the express line. No wait and boom! New license (not to mention a new picture. I didn't realize that was going to happen so I'm sure my camo hoodie will look awesome for the next 10 yrs.)

So basically what I'm getting at here, I'm finally a Mrs. Yikes! Now I share the same name as his mom. Mrs. Manley
    Happily married since 2008

#2 lucy106

• 2,880 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 11:25 AM

Congratulations! That must make things feel more official! Such a pain us girls through, good for you for making your DH go with you!

#3 Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,047 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
      • LocationToronto

Posted 22 April 2008 - 07:48 PM

aww that's awesome! congratulations!! (totally not the same but I had customized booty shorts made with Mrs. Klizs ..the FI's last name...and also his mom's name...and when they came in I had a bit of a freak out :S)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users