Photo

1st dress fitting

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Jerzzygirl

Jerzzygirl
  • 203 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:31 PM

Well I went last night for my 1st dress fitting and I didnt like the dress as much as I liked the sample I tried on. The dress was REALLLYYY low cut and way to much cleavage showing for my taste. Soooo I asked the seamstress to take a piece of chiffon and insert a little pannel across the deep plunge. There is no way to wear a bra so every thing was just out there...lol She also said double faced tape works wonders, so I will be looking for that too. Am I crazy that I want to change it just alittle? I go back Sept. 12 until then I will be eating salad and drinking water. I hope it looks natural and not silly.

#2 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:35 PM

i wore a BM dress a couple months ago and the seamstress suggested toupee tape to hold it in place. you have to be comfortable in your dress - so do what you need to do. but don't starve yourself!

#3 Martha

Martha
      • VIP Member
      • 3,906 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:36 PM

You probably made the right choice!

You probably wouldn't have been very comfy with the girls hanging out in all their glory! Ha!

I am kinda modest, so less in more in my book....plus it looks classier!

#4 mpark46

mpark46
        • 154 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:54 PM

Is it too small or just too low cut? I think adding a little fabric would probably look fine. It might also be worth it to try it on in a larger size and then just have it taken in.

#5 jajajaja

jajajaja
          • VIP Member
          • 9,794 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:52 PM

Ok Maggie needs to give me some commission for how much I have been name dropping today.

Check out her grace lynette dress....MaggieSottero.com - Dress Detail
            The middle between the cleaveage is a sheer lace. I hope that helps with the image.
            Happily married since 2008

#6 foxytv

foxytv
            • VIP Member
            • 7,740 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:12 PM

I think some lace sounds like it will look great.

I did pageants years ago ... and we would bend over and push our cleavage together and then someone would walk down the line and put two layers of duct tape under our boobs. Fabulous cleavage and no need for a bra ... but not exactly sexy for the "wedding night" if hubby seduces you out of the dress. lol.

#7 Jerzzygirl

Jerzzygirl
              • 203 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:29 PM

UMMMMM OUCH!!!!!!!!!! Ducktape!!!! LOL My sister did that once for halloween when she was elvira. Not sexy for the wedding night though My boobs would be RED after chris pulled the tape off!!! LOL No the dress is not to small it just has a deeper plunge then I thought. The dress is chiffon so thats why I thought just a piece at the very end of the "V" would work out good.

#8 foxytv

foxytv
                • VIP Member
                • 7,740 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:34 PM

I think that will work perfect ... and be very pretty!

#9 jajajaja

jajajaja
                  • VIP Member
                  • 9,794 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:48 PM

Do have a pic of it? Or at least one from online?
                    Happily married since 2008

#10 brecluse

brecluse
                    • 196 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 04:26 PM

Yeah, I'd like to see a pic because I'm picturing a dress with straps or a halter and in my mind if the straps or halter is too long it might make it too low, but that could be taken up. I could be way off base though so if I am just ignore me.
                      TTD :: Tortola, BVI

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users