Photo

Welcome bags.

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 chrisnessa

chrisnessa
  • 176 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 12:10 PM

I love this Patron idea. We have a large number of guests coming to the wedding. How did you transport that large amt into Mexico?
    Our first year married. We had our marriage blessed at our Catholic Church.

#12 RECancunBride

RECancunBride
    • 30 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 12:55 PM

I have the same question about the transport. I only have like 30 guests, but I want to put everything in one bag so it will be together, but it looks like from what I have been reading is that will more likely get your bag checked. So what happens then, you have to pay a tax or something??

#13 christinepg

christinepg
      • 21 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 12:24 AM

We put all of our welcome bag things in three large luggage bags and luckily it got there okay. I just packed the patron bottles carefully with styrofoam sheets. The mini bottles are so cute and everybody went crazy over them. You should check with your WC to see if they are available in PV, although I doubt it.

On our return we had expensive champagne bottles that my husband's family brought from France that we didnt want to leave in Mexico. We wrapped them in my juicy sweats and put them in our luggage and they got back okay too!
        Christine & Jeff
        May 27, 2007

#14 chrisnessa

chrisnessa
        • 176 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 09:55 AM

Can you tell US where you purchased the Patron? Someone mentioned going to the Liquor Store and having them do this for us.?
          Our first year married. We had our marriage blessed at our Catholic Church.

#15 christinepg

christinepg
          • 21 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 12:28 PM

I got them in Vegas at the Aladdin mall at a very large tourist shop. I cant remember the name. It was an impulse buy, because as soon as I saw them I fell in love and had to get them. But I had to get more later from a beverage store in LA, Bevmo. They would probably have them at any large beverage shop.
            Christine & Jeff
            May 27, 2007

#16 dragonfly

dragonfly
            • 1,820 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 12:45 PM

I keep forgetting to tell about one of the great ideas we put in our oot bags, we put stick its, and pens. It was great since we had a large group and it was a large resort but our rooms were all in the same area. We would write little note's to one another, and stick them on our doors, like at the pool, gone to breakfast, on the beach. The stick it's let us know where to find one another, it was a good idea. Of course my stainless steal travel mugs was still our best idea!

Kelly~

#17 MommyDePoopster

MommyDePoopster
              • 5 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 08:21 PM

This shop has some cute beach wedding totes:
                https://www.etsy.com...ction_leftnav_7

#18 LasCaletas

LasCaletas

Insiders

• Insiders
                • 118 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 08:10 AM

Hi @coming together.

If you are looking to make reference to PV you could probably choose things with a "beach theme". It could be flip flops, sun glasses, a bottle opener in flip flop shape, something that involves shells or starfish, perhaps a key holder.

Many couples also go with the tequila shots. You can also add the traditional mexican candy along with the useful items like lip balm, sunscreen, pepto or advil, wipes, expandable towels, etcĂ©tera. Also if choosing a month near to summer a hand fan will always be appreciated.

www.adventureweddingsvallarta.com

Toll Free: 1 866.731.8152

Phone: +52 (322) 297.1212 ext. 1468

#19 emmapalmer

emmapalmer
                  • 64 posts
                  • Wedding Date:January 15, 2015
                  • Wedding Location:Occidental Grand Xcaret - Riviera Maya
                  • LocationPhoenix

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:54 PM

In Puerto Vallarta there us a market called "Old Town Farmers Market" or "Tianguis Cultural". The market has plenty of little practical trinkets that can be used for tote bag gifts.

Some cute gifts could be traditional tin picture frames ( to put a thank you photo ) or a colorful Mexian bowl ( perhaps have it customized with your names ).

Our perfect wedding in the Riviera Maya.

Date:                  01/15/2015

Resort:               Occidental Grand Xcaret - Riviera Maya, Mexico
                  Guests:              70-80
                  Package:           Custom

Dress:                David's Bridal
                  Minister:             Family Friend

Photographer:    Decordova Photography ( www.decordova.ca )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users