Photo

Have to change our wedding date!!! NEED ADVICE!!!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 TheFutureWagners

TheFutureWagners
  • Banned
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 01:18 AM

Girls I NEED help!!! My FH and I are thinking that we might switch our wedding date from April 2011 to late August 2011 (for various personal reasons) and we need help from anyone who has been married/gone to a wedding/gone on vacation to Mexico in late August.

We want to know, for real, how hot the heat really is, scares about hurricane season and ANYTHING else you think would be helpful!

We are very hesitant to do this (we haven't even sent the STD's yet, thank God), but I wanted to ask the best sources ever- you ladies- before I made any decisions.

Please please please help if you can!

#2 Tissey

Tissey
    • 172 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 01:24 AM

It's been a while since I've been, but I wouldn't be too worried about it. From what I know the weather is pretty consistent year round. The only worry would be hurricane season but that's not supposed to start until late September. At least I hope since we will be there in early September!

#3 mexicanlily

mexicanlily
      • 56 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 01:31 AM

Hurricane season in Mexico is from July - November. Most likely hurricanes will be in the later part of the season. It is rainy season from about May - October, but that means very little because it is rainy for a few hours a day and then sunshine. August seems like an ok time to go, because it is warm enough that the rain evaporates very quickly after it has fallen. I am planning to go in September this year which goes to say that it doesn't really matter, because chances are your resort (or your WC at the resort) will have a rainy day plan also, if they are helping you plan your wedding during these months. Just be sure to ask your WC if there is a back up plan because of the rain, and I am sure that you will be fine.

#4 msjulie5475

msjulie5475
        • 528 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 02:10 AM

I would highly suggest having your reception inside as it is usually very hot and humid in August.

#5 TheFutureWagners

TheFutureWagners
          • Banned
          • 2,710 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 11:42 AM

We are having the reception in the ballroom but we are having a sunset wedding at 5PM. If we switch, we would keep this schedule. It was too hot and humid for it anyway...

Please! More people respond!

#6 Melaina

Melaina
            • 139 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 12:21 PM

You're probably going to face some pretty strong humidity... I went to Mexico once in September and it was HOT. It rained every afternoon for about 30 minutes (not big deal) and then the rest of the days were clear, blue skies. Unlike Mexico in our wintertime (Jan - April-ish), the nights didn't cool down a great deal.

April in Mexico is such a beautiful time of year... If you seriously have a choice between the two months, I would recommend sticking with April. Hands down.

Good luck :)

#7 debbmach

debbmach
              • 1,457 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 12:24 PM

I went to a wedding in July in Mexico a few years ago and it was HOT!!! At night it cooled down a bit but it was still muggy. We didn't really get any rain either, I think it rained one day, briefly!
                http://dwdf.daisypath.com/v0lqm5.png

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#8 lsjhik

lsjhik
                • 157 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 11:34 AM

I was in Puerto Vallarta in July a few years back and it was miserable.  I like hot, but the humidity was wicked!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users