What are you (or did you) Giving Your Fiance for a Wedding Present?

• Please log in to reply
290 replies to this topic

#81 jean-marcus

• 1,565 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by karenk77
    Ok sorry for this retarted question but whats a BD book?
    And while im on the topic of asking dumb questions whats a boudior? lol
    well in part you answered your own question there. but not fully bd is short for boudoir which is french for bedroom (i believe) so its just like sexy photos nude or partially nude or lingerie or fully clothed but just photos meant for only him

#82 KittenHeart

• 3,103 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:59 AM

I got my way with getting pricey photos so I don't need a gift! :)

I think I just figured out what I'm going to get him that he would love the most. A deep sea fishing trip for him and his boys! It's perfect!

#83 KarenM

• 1,920 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by slapsappyhappy
        My FI has no idea about a wedding gift, and I am not going to tell him, lol! I plan on doing a BD book for him, but all I want is for us to have fun and the wedding to go smoothly!
        My sentiment exactly. Like you I'm pretty sure FI has no clue, but he might surprise me.
        I'm also chicken & didn't think I had the guts to do a BD shoot, but after thinking about how much he'd like it I decided to just go for it. He found out about the idea of them on this forum while I was looking around and he loved the thought of it. I keep telling him there's no way - it's too expensive & I'm too much of a prude, but I'm definitely doing it over Xmas break with my bridesmaids back home as part of my bachelorette party. hee hee! Can't wait to see his reaction when I give the book to him! :)

#84 finzup

• 468 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:16 PM

1. I don't know really -- i am thinking maybe a nice necklace to wear at the ceremony?
          2. I reallllly want to do the BD book ... we will see what I look like come spring time (dieting)... if not then I will probably get him a nice watch

Have you met Alice?

#85 karenk77

• 369 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:33 PM

lol..I was never quick on the uptake.
            Thanks for explaining.

#86 Stamperamma

• 432 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:39 PM

He is getting electrolysis - he absolutely hates that he has hair on his back and goes for waxing all the time. The hair does not bother me at all, I actually like it but it will make him happy. For me, I want to go deep sea fishing while in Jamaica but I think I am getting a pair of earrings. We saw them in Spain and I loved them, either way I will be happy with whatever he gets me.

#87 Love3

• 785 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:37 PM

I have no clue what to get FI, and he had no clue that we give gifts WTF? I kind of hinted so he is in the loop now and better make it special lol. He could shop for days for what I want, but as for him I have to think about it. I was thinking a BD shoot but he has the real thing, why would he want pics

#88 jamsmom

• 174 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by da.shmoopies
                  1) I don't know what I want... which is really surprising. I'm seeing a trend here. LOL

2) I'm getting him Fleur De Lis cufflinks (cause he's my Boyscout), a Bulgari watch, and some funky orange socks that have "In case You Get Cold Feet" embroidered on them.

Where are you getting the Fleur De Lis cufflinks?

#89 GracieBebe

• 354 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:56 AM

FH finally figured out what to get me for a gift. He was torn between getting us fireworks for the wedding or renting a motorcycle so we can take wedding photos on it and then have it the next day to tour the countryside. Although I have been begging since the beginning of the planning of this wedding for fireworks, I opted for the motorcycle. I think the photos will be so awesome on them and photos will last a lifetime!!! Can't wait!!!
                    - Grace
                    Location - Chateau de Challain, Challain la Potherie, France
                    Engagement Date - Sept. 6, 2008
                    Wedding Date - Sept. 9, 2009
                    Our Pro wedding photo website:http://fanelliweddin....l&startIndex=0Our wedding planning website:http://www.mywedding...graceandmichael

#90 KarenM

• 1,920 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:37 PM

Yep, I was right - FI had no clue at all about getting eachother gifts! Ha! I brought it up yesterday by asking what he'd like as a wedding gift and he was like what? From who? He thought about registry gifts or something. He was like 'people give eachother gifts? Isn't getting married a gift enough?' I said yes, some people do get eachother gifts. Then he said 'oh. well then YOU know what I want - pictures!'. And I told him there was no way - it's too expensive & I'm too much of a prude. Hopefully he'll forget about it. Probably should've never brought it up in the first place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users