Photo

What are you (or did you) Giving Your Fiance for a Wedding Present?

• Please log in to reply
290 replies to this topic

#221 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 01:22 PM

hey boindgirl.....

you think that would be good? i know it would work for him, but is it to much? wtf is the gift rules in all of this?plus i have a man of honor i have to buy for too.......and I thought the invites were stressful LOL

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#222 RedIByChelsea

RedIByChelsea
    • 30 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 01:51 PM

Hey canadiangirl,

I think it is a really good idea but is it something maybe you'd like to reserve for a present for a birthday or Christmas and do something a bit lower in price since you're buying multiple gifts? I love anything having to do with technology, but I do think a wedding is an opportunity to really put yourself out there on a personal level and include something that honors the both of you that he would appreciate. I know it has been mentioned before, but what about the boudoir photoshoot? Is that something you think he would appreciate? There's also an engraved money clip with your wedding date as an idea (good for travel as well and would be something to remember the date :), possibly have the shirt he's wearing for the wedding monogrammed, etc.  I'll try and brainstorm some other things, but those are off the top of my head from a "personal" level. Don't get me wrong, I think the iPad would be awesome, but I think that could also be an idea for a bday/holiday.

I didn't have a man of honor but I did have my best guy friend walk me down the aisle. The gift for him was the outfit for the wedding (since that adds up with men's pants and the special "breathe easy" material dress shirt.

Hope that helps!

Originally Posted by canadiangirl 

hey boindgirl.....

you think that would be good? i know it would work for him, but is it to much? wtf is the gift rules in all of this?plus i have a man of honor i have to buy for too.......and I thought the invites were stressful LOL

#223 bondgirl0072010

bondgirl0072010
      • 789 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 01:55 PM

Sorry, I applied from an account I'm not using anymore but here is my response: 

Hey canadiangirl,

I think it is a really good idea but is it something maybe you'd like to reserve for a present for a birthday or Christmas and do something a bit lower in price since you're buying multiple gifts? I love anything having to do with technology, but I do think a wedding is an opportunity to really put yourself out there on a personal level and include something that honors the both of you that he would appreciate. I know it has been mentioned before, but what about the boudoir photoshoot? Is that something you think he would appreciate? There's also an engraved money clip with your wedding date as an idea (good for travel as well and would be something to remember the date :), possibly have the shirt he's wearing for the wedding monogrammed, etc.  I'll try and brainstorm some other things, but those are off the top of my head from a "personal" level. Don't get me wrong, I think the iPad would be awesome, but I think that could also be an idea for a bday/holiday.

I didn't have a man of honor but I did have my best guy friend walk me down the aisle. The gift for him was the outfit for the wedding (since that adds up with men's pants and the special "breathe easy" material dress shirt.

#224 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
        • 1,252 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:46 AM

Thanx for your ideas...noe for a reply here is my problem with my FI LOL LOL hes a electrician, so as you can guess money clips are our lol as he doesnt use them..and hes not a DRESSY guy at all. hes happy with a hat t-shirt and flip flops lol however, what do you think of an engraved leather wallet with the wedding date on it? and yeah the pictures he would love!!! come on now hes a guy lol and I love the idea of the wedding shirt being engraved. You have given me great ideas thanx sweetie, so glad I found you in these blogs LMAO

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#225 bondgirl0072010

bondgirl0072010
          • 789 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:21 AM

Of course, happy to help! I think the wallet is a fabulous idea! I actually just this past weekend bought my husband a wallet and I think he was more excited about that than any gift I've ever given him! Sometimes it's the simple things (and most useful :) I think the wallet & the wedding shirt being engraved would be awesome! 

In case you need any inspiration, these were my wedding photographers that also do boudoir shots...underwater, in cenotes...how HOT are these? In case you needed any inspiration... :) 

Thanx for your ideas...noe for a reply here is my problem with my FI LOL LOL hes a electrician, so as you can guess money clips are our lol as he doesnt use them..and hes not a DRESSY guy at all. hes happy with a hat t-shirt and flip flops lol however, what do you think of an engraved leather wallet with the wedding date on it? and yeah the pictures he would love!!! come on now hes a guy lol and I love the idea of the wedding shirt being engraved. You have given me great ideas thanx sweetie, so glad I found you in these blogs LMAO

#226 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
            • 1,252 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:52 AM

again so glad we hucked up...to bad you dont live in canada lol lol i will def look at the site. I think the ideas you and I have come up with are not only cheaper and more personal.... i just thought how would I have brought the IPAD into the airport with him not seeing it? lol should have thought of that eh!!!!!!

Ill keep you up to date with all wedding ideas, and updates as well on the foot candy order, ill keep you informed lol

#227 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
              • 1,252 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:55 AM

alright hun, those are SICK!!!!!!! who did thoes? and how do I get a hold of the? lol i love love the idea of the under water thing. Mike would love that, now i have to look into that ......GEEEEEE THANX lol lol

#228 bondgirl0072010

bondgirl0072010
                • 789 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:59 AM

I'm really glad as well! I know it's too bad that we're all over the world on here but the best part is...having the ability to share pics/videos/comments right here instantaneously. What did people do without a computer?? :) Sounds good about the foot candy! Still love that name!

Originally Posted by canadiangirl 

again so glad we hucked up...to bad you dont live in canada lol lol i will def look at the site. I think the ideas you and I have come up with are not only cheaper and more personal.... i just thought how would I have brought the IPAD into the airport with him not seeing it? lol should have thought of that eh!!!!!!

Ill keep you up to date with all wedding ideas, and updates as well on the foot candy order, ill keep you informed lol

#229 bondgirl0072010

bondgirl0072010
                  • 789 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:05 AM

I know aren't they incredible!! Here's their website and an intro to who they are and what they're all about! 

alright hun, those are SICK!!!!!!! who did thoes? and how do I get a hold of the? lol i love love the idea of the under water thing. Mike would love that, now i have to look into that ......GEEEEEE THANX lol lol

#230 Kelly62

Kelly62
                    • 27 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:16 AM

I gave my fiance, Reese, two tickets to the Formula One Races in Montreal this June.  He actually cried!

: )

Kelly62

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users