Photo

What are you (or did you) Giving Your Fiance for a Wedding Present?

• Please log in to reply
290 replies to this topic

#91 SSNM

SSNM
  • 675 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 10:56 PM

I never knew that the bridegroom are supposed to give gifts to each other either (mind you, this is the bride talking here).

Well I like the idea of a boudoir book but I think I would do fitness pictures instead as he would appreciate that more and not have to wonder who it was that got to take racey pictures of me. Or I may surprise him with a trip after our wedding. He is not much into material stuff so I may have to get creative and do something special.

I just want to see him cry at our wedding. That would be priceless.

#92 Danyelle

Danyelle
    • 368 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 11:23 AM

We're not exchanging gifts. We're both putting in extra money on our honeymoon to either splurge on a suite if we do a cruise (we usually just book the balcony cabins) or a higher end resort than we'd usually choose if we do St. Thomas/St.John. That's our "gift" to each other.

#93 caribbeanLover

caribbeanLover
      • 1,619 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:34 PM

I love all the ideas here.

I on the other hand actually know what I want
        A puppy!! lol but it doesn't make sence for us right now since we live in an apartment with 4 cats,We will wait until we buy a house. So I thought a set of dimond earings!
        since I never ask for dimonds. I thought it be nice to wear for the wedding.

I already gave the FI his wedding gift. His a huge fan of Montreal canadian hockey. So i bought him tickets, which he already used. lol (I took a picture of him with his ticket, I will send it over in the morning of the wedding to remind him with a little love note)
        http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
        Tracy and Mike

Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
        Happily ever after...

#94 da.shmoopies

da.shmoopies
        • 223 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:05 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by jamsmom
          Where are you getting the Fleur De Lis cufflinks?
          I got the cufflinks from Etsy seller Dedalo:

dedalo on Etsy

#95 Patti

Patti
          • 555 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:32 PM

We're not planning to exchange gifts either, so we say. His birthday is the day after we arrive for the wedding and we're not leaving Cabo until 3 days before Christmas. I'm hoping to come up with a pretty nice birthday present to give him while we're there. Thinking a new watch.

#96 MAK

MAK
            • 89 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 02:21 PM

We decided last week not to do gifts. I really wanted to get him an Omega watch (he's a huge James Bond fan) and he was going to get me a new Louis Vuitton. But in the end, we decided that we didn't need to spend the extra money(I had not budgeted for the gifts in our original budget.

#97 march132010

march132010
              • 1,057 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 04:06 PM

I'm like most of the other brides, not sure what I want but don't worry I will think of something :).

I am getting him a BD book of course and a set of Chrome Rims for his motorcycle that he has been eyeing for the last six months....

#98 SusieQ

SusieQ
                • 1,603 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 04:37 PM

We're not doing gifts either... We just wouldn't be able to afford to give gifts after paying for our wedding... We have two kids that we're bringing with us and we're staying for two weeks...... I don't think my FI knows that this is something that is done and I won't be mentioning it.

#99 caribbeanLover

caribbeanLover
                  • 1,619 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 01:16 PM

can someone tell me roughly how much a BD book would cost to get done?! Even tho I already gave him his gift, it's something he would love so much, something he would have forever, unlike the hockey tickets! lol
                    http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
                    Tracy and Mike

Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
                    Happily ever after...

#100 shankd

shankd
                    • 272 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 02:00 PM

shop online....I did some reshearch and found a ton of photographers around me that do them. I didn't realize BD shoots are so common, but voila, there they are. I'm thinking of getting my girls together and having a weekend out of it. Some photographers sell packages for bachelorette parties and stuff.....pretty cool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users