AHR question from a newbie

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 bizzyangel

• 193 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:18 PM

I think it is fine. I would like a BBQ style AHR at my house. I am trying to cut down on costs by all means and think this would be the easiest way to have a lot of people at a minimal cost.

#12 niajs

• 214 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:01 AM

I don't think there's anything wrong with that at all. We're planning an informal BBQ at PIL's house/farm

#13 mistibuard

• 444 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 01:21 PM

I agree that a Friday reception is perfectly fine! So many brides are having traditional weddings on Friday's and Sunday's to keep the cost significantly lower. I'm not sure what your budget is, but I want to encourage you to keep looking. I found a really great deal to have my AHR. It's all inclusive for $3850- that includes a sit-down dinner for 150 people, centerpieces included (calla lillies), linens, etc. She also had great reviews on The Knot. I'm not sure what exactly you're looking for...but do as much research as you can. There is definitely something out there! Good luck!

**Beaches Turks & Caicos- March 12, 2011**

#14 Amanda+Dave

• 509 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 01:59 PM

Wow, that's an amazing price.

We haven't even began to talk about the AHR yet, we just know we want to do something. 

#15 Amiep603

• 184 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:49 AM

i think this idea is fine and your guests will understand

#16 Avens

• 576 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 01:08 PM

I think this is a great idea to!

#17 amandasalways

• 150 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 02:29 PM

I am so happy I came across this thread. I am freaking out about how formal an AHR has to be. Still debating what to do.

#18 dominiqueamber

• 923 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 06:39 AM

I don't think it's tacky at all...I know people who got married Thursday morning to save money....everyone is feeling the affects of the economy so everyone should understand saving money...who says the more you spend the better your wedding....I think it's about the love between you two and the people that love you...I know how hard it is to not get excited and go overboard when planning because of what we see but I look at celebrities and think the most expensive reception dosn't make a marriage last....You should have what makes you happy and dosn't put you into debt...I know you'll have a beautiful reception!

#19 Michele4172011

• 194 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:06 PM

I was trying to plan a nice AHR but like you, the whole reason why we are having a DW is to limit the ridiculous wedding costs. I think we are just going to have a few separate parties, probably a summer cookout. It doesn't make too much sense to dump a lot of money into it, because it's really not your wedding... Happy planning!

#20 frizzy64

• 54 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 03:43 PM

We are just having an evening party starting at 7pm. We are serving a warm hog roast buffet and cake dessert. I dont think people can expect you to pay for a formal sit down meal. The whole reason for us getting married abroad was to avoid having to share our special day with 100 people who we rarely see and frankly wouldnt invite if we had the choice. A big party keeps them happy and we can enjoy a more intimate wedding with the people we reall care about

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users