Anela Gardens

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MewKitty

MewKitty
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 01:52 AM

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone had any information on the venue Anela Gardens? It looks absolutely beautiful & was just curious on other peoples experiences :)

Thanks Kindly!

#2 BeachBound2011

BeachBound2011
    • 82 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 07:20 PM

I looked at that place too. I just didn't like having to be in the chapel - I really want to be outside, so I didn't consider it for too long. I'm looking at Kualoa Ranch now - it's just 45 mins outside of Wikiki. . . not sure if I want to be that far out.

#3 MewKitty

MewKitty
      • 7 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 08:37 PM

Thank-you for your reply! :) Congratulations to you on your wedding :) I think they had an option of using the Gazebo outside for the ceremony? Not 100% sure though. It's certainly tough finding the right venue when you have family traveling, as you do want it to be close for them. I hope you find the perfect place, let us know how it goes.

#4 BeachBound2011

BeachBound2011
        • 82 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:46 PM

I saw the gazebo, but couldn't find any information on it. . .should probably call, but I hate talking on the phone lol

We might end up staying at the New Otani Kaimana Beach Hotel and just having the wedding there.  They have a beautil Hua Tree to get married under, but it's $2500 for two hours :(  They do have an open air lanai with views of Wikiki and the beach - it's pretty -- and it comes with nice chairs and it's only $300!  It's also only .6 mile from where we want to have the reception.

Have you picked a ceremony venue yet, MewKitty?

#5 TA Dina

TA Dina
          • 181 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:22 PM

It is a very pretty venue for a small wedding group. You can use the gazebo for the wedding if you like (as of last time I was there).If you look at the pic from the home page of their site (anelagarden.com) that is the entire property. It's not very large. What's nice is that even though it's small, you can get some pretty nice pics there (in the chapel, gazebo, up on the balcony, over by the fountain on the lawn). The only issue with outside parties there is that they are located in a residential area at the base of Diamondhead, so they are very strict with noise and how late you can be outside with music etc.

#6 MewKitty

MewKitty
            • 7 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 07:35 AM

Hey,

What you're thinking of booking sounds fabulous BeachBound2011.  It's really tricky planning from a distance! :)  Hows all your planning going so far?

Haven't chosen a venue just yet & are waiting on a reply from Anela Gardens.  Our wedding party will only be very small (14 or so guests).

Thank-you TA Dina for your information, it's lovely to hear others experiences & makes deciding on a place less daunting when you can't visit it first.

Have a beautiful day all,

MewKitty :)

#7 BeachBound2011

BeachBound2011
              • 82 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 09:13 PM

Planning is stalled.  I'm scared to commit to anything - what if I get there and it doesn't't look like the pictures and I'm disappointed?!?!?! I guess I just have to focus on what's really important and that's marrying my best friend.  And it is Hawaii - how bad could it be lol!!!

I think I am going to sacrifice the perfect location to save money so I get things that will really matter:  videographer and photographer.  I met a couple in Jamaica last week that were on their honeymoon and they expressed their regrets in not getting a videographer, so I want to put more money into that area (I've actually heard several couple say this, but they convinces my FI lol).

I hope all your planning is moving along!! 

#8 MewKitty

MewKitty
                • 7 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:24 PM

Hey :)

I so understand how you feel!  It truly is terrifying booking everything without checking it all out first. 

I totally agree with you on focusing on what is most important, which is marrying your best friend as you said :)  It's the most special day of your life because of this, not anything else. 

I really want to invest in a good photographer as well, I hadn't really thought about a videographer.  Would be lovely to capture the moment that way though & enjoy re-living the wedding anytime you want!

I hope you come across the perfect place, keep us updated :)  We'll get there! lol :)

MewKitty

#9 BeachBound2011

BeachBound2011
                  • 82 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:24 PM

This is the company I'm using for the video:  http://www.imaginewurks.com/   I'm going to do 3 cameras - one faces the groom, one faces the bride, and one has the audience view.  The look with the 3 cameras is so amazing.  This is company has been really great with emails and overall communication and the prices are reasonable for this - I've looked at a lot!!

I think I'm going with this photographer http://www.liquidlightimages.com/ .  I've read some good things about Aaron Bernard the photographer and the portfolio is nice. . .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users