Lost my engagement ring...Oooppsss

Monique

It's been missing for about a week now...FI has been asking but I've been able to play it off that I forgot to put it back on... However he's asked me again for the second time...I have looked in all the obvious places and still can't find it...But the worst part is I'm not that mad anymore but I'm going to have to fess up that I missed placed it and it's gone where all things lost go likes socks, spoons and forks....

I lost my engagement ring 20 days after I got it....I was sooo devastated cause I've kept every single jewelry or gift my fiance had given me since high school, and out of everything I had to loose the engagement ring.

I told him as soon as I lost it. In fact I was crying like a baby and called him to tell him. He wasn't mad at all, in fact he was very supportive and helped me look for it all over. Sadly we never found it, but he gave me another one a year later, and let me tell you I've been holding on to it tight and I don't take it off....

The sooner you tell him, the better.....I'm sure you didn't loose it on purpose so be honest...after all he is your future husband :)

K

I know exactly how you feel, my husband lost my engagement ring in the Animal Kingdom in Disney in April. I've had my replacement for a while now. It was really hard to deal with at first, but now I have a bigger and better ering and Matt asked me to marry him all over again.

Do you have insurance? I am soooooooo glad we had it added to our home policy b/c otherwise we would never have been able to replace it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly View Post
I know exactly how you feel, my husband lost my engagement ring in the Animal Kingdom in Disney in April. I've had my replacement for a while now. It was really hard to deal with at first, but now I have a bigger and better ering and Matt asked me to marry him all over again.

Do you have insurance? I am soooooooo glad we had it added to our home policy b/c otherwise we would never have been able to replace it.
Carly that totally skipped my mind we do have insurance on it...I was so certain that I would find it. I made myself sick the first few days looking for it and I was too upset to really be successful in finding it.... I last remember sitting it on the dresser in the bedroom. I looked there in fact I've taken everything off the top and in the drawers thinking maybe it fell in one of them...no such luck...I'm going to have to fess up and tell him the truth!!!

Whew! That insurance really is a life saver. I still hope it shows up for you, but in the case that it doesn't, doesn't it make you feel SO much better to know that you are covered on the financial side? I know it doesn't replace the sentimental part, but at least you aren't out $$$$$.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • Hi everyone! I have been doing lots of research on various wedding venues all around Mexico, my fiance wants a destination wedding and I am happy to have a wedding wherever so long as the vibe is right and guests are happy!  I have been seriously looking at Cabo Azul and was trying to find potential costs for them, but only found a page about their wedding costs from 2010. Does anyone have any updated information on costs / reviews they would like to share of this venue? Or advice in general, anything helps. Thanks so much, happy wedding planning to all!
    • Hello everyone, I am dreaming of a wedding in Costa Rica and was wondering if I could get any help with venues and wedding planners. I am thinking Tamarindo because a close friend of mine lives there and I've been in town more than a couple of times, she's being helpful but is at a loss when it comes to this subject really so I was wondering if anyone here had recommendations. I am not closed to other town suggestions either, if I happen to find a good place and staff somewhere else. These are the places I have so far, has anyone had any experience with any of them?  Stay In Tamarindo Luxury Villas in Costa Rica Luxury Villas Pinilla Tropical Homes of Costa Rica The Point Luxury Villa Thank you so much for your help!
    • Have you ever considered having a wedding inside a bubble? With the current global situation, many couples are looking for unique and creative ways to celebrate their special day while keeping their guests safe. A wedding inside a bubble could provide a whimsical and intimate setting for your ceremony and reception. Imagine saying your vows surrounded by a beautiful bubble filled with twinkling lights and flowers, creating a magical atmosphere for you and your loved ones to enjoy.
    • Adult only resort or not? Let's discuss the pros and cons of choosing an adult-only resort for your honeymoon. While some couples may appreciate the peace and quiet that comes with an adults-only environment, others may prefer a more family-friendly atmosphere. What are your thoughts on this? Have you had any experiences at adult-only resorts that you'd like to share? Let's hear your opinions and recommendations!
    • When it comes to planning a wedding, one of the most exciting parts is choosing the perfect wedding favours for your guests. These small tokens of appreciation are a great way to thank your loved ones for being a part of your special day and to make them feel appreciated.
  • Topics