Photo

Lost my engagement ring...Oooppsss

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Monique

Monique
  • 415 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:52 PM

It's been missing for about a week now...FI has been asking but I've been able to play it off that I forgot to put it back on... However he's asked me again for the second time...I have looked in all the obvious places and still can't find it...But the worst part is I'm not that mad anymore but I'm going to have to fess up that I missed placed it and it's gone where all things lost go likes socks, spoons and forks....

#2 LadyTrunck

LadyTrunck
    • 1,114 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:03 AM

OH NO!!!! What happened? Do you remember the last time you had it?? Oooooh I would not be in a good place if I lost mine.... hopes are with you to find it- best of luck and keep us posted!
      Married to my BEST FRIEND!
      July 7, 2010!!My Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati....ns-pics-60834/
      Non-Pro Pics:
      http://bestdestinati....ro-pics-61751/
      Trash the dress!:http://bestdestinati....a-dumas-61397/

#3 kuriozax

kuriozax
      • 9 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:07 AM

I lost my engagement ring 20 days after I got it....I was sooo devastated cause I've kept every single jewelry or gift my fiance had given me since high school, and out of everything I had to loose the engagement ring.

I told him as soon as I lost it. In fact I was crying like a baby and called him to tell him. He wasn't mad at all, in fact he was very supportive and helped me look for it all over. Sadly we never found it, but he gave me another one a year later, and let me tell you I've been holding on to it tight and I don't take it off....

The sooner you tell him, the better.....I'm sure you didn't loose it on purpose so be honest...after all he is your future husband :)

K

#4 Jen1407

Jen1407
        • 393 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:28 AM

I am so sorry to hear that you lost your engagement ring. I am sure it will turn up when you least expect it.

#5 boscobel

boscobel
          • VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:50 AM

I know exactly how you feel, my husband lost my engagement ring in the Animal Kingdom in Disney in April. I've had my replacement for a while now. It was really hard to deal with at first, but now I have a bigger and better ering and Matt asked me to marry him all over again.

Do you have insurance? I am soooooooo glad we had it added to our home policy b/c otherwise we would never have been able to replace it.

#6 Monique

Monique
            • 415 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:18 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by carly
              I know exactly how you feel, my husband lost my engagement ring in the Animal Kingdom in Disney in April. I've had my replacement for a while now. It was really hard to deal with at first, but now I have a bigger and better ering and Matt asked me to marry him all over again.

Do you have insurance? I am soooooooo glad we had it added to our home policy b/c otherwise we would never have been able to replace it.
              Carly that totally skipped my mind we do have insurance on it...I was so certain that I would find it. I made myself sick the first few days looking for it and I was too upset to really be successful in finding it.... I last remember sitting it on the dresser in the bedroom. I looked there in fact I've taken everything off the top and in the drawers thinking maybe it fell in one of them...no such luck...I'm going to have to fess up and tell him the truth!!!

#7 hockeymom97

hockeymom97
              • 2,458 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:45 AM

Oh no!!! I know accidents happen and I'm sure your FI will understand, but I can imagine how you feel. I know I'd be devastated The good thing is that you have the insurance on it and will be able to replace it.
                Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

#8 peterpanpixiedust

peterpanpixiedust
                • 656 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:39 PM

I'm so glad you have insurance. As long as u lost in in your house, you will eventually find it. However, you might have a new one by then with insurance. So then you'll have two!

#9 thatgirl913

thatgirl913
                  • 27 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:50 PM

Thank goodness you have insurance! I lost the stone in mine after having it for less than a month! It was a releif that we had insurance to replace it, but I was still devistated.

#10 boscobel

boscobel
                    • VIP Member
                    • 24,213 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:56 PM

Whew! That insurance really is a life saver. I still hope it shows up for you, but in the case that it doesn't, doesn't it make you feel SO much better to know that you are covered on the financial side? I know it doesn't replace the sentimental part, but at least you aren't out $$$$$.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users