Sign in to follow this  
highheels

Dreams Tulum or Dreams Cancun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by highheels View Post
So... right now I like Dreams, I may change my mind tomorrow (although I hope I don't) and I appreciate you guys continuing to help me with my questions!

If I had a dollar for every time I've changed my mind.... well, it would probably help pay for the wedding! cheesy.gif Haha Try not to get discouraged along the way. There are soooooooo many resorts to look at and it can definitely be a daunting task but in the end you will find the right one for you and it will all be worth it! Meanwhile, we're here for you! grouphug.gif

Has anyone been to both resorts and can give a comparison on the restaurants? I think the Dreams Tulum has 7 restaurants while the Dreams Cancun only has 4. As well, I thought 2 of the restaurants at Dreams Cancun were seafood ones and FH doesn't eat seafood. If anyone has any info they could share, it would be greatly appreciated!

Tulum is an awesome area but the old part of the hotel is not that nice and if your guests get ROH that is where they will be. The beach at the Ruins is one of the nicest in Mexico though!

i really loved the dreams tulum one. if you want to see the resort in detail go to Collages.net Home and usrename is "laura david" and password is 15095. when it asks for an email just make one up. tulum definatly seems to be more peaceful and quiet get away. i havent stayed at the cancun one but i have seen lots of reviews and photos of it on here.. happy planning :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-marcus View Post
when it asks for an email just make one up.
LOL! Sorry I just thought that was funny because I always do!! I actually made up an email account for just spam - I give it to all of the sites that require it, but I never want to hear from (especially since most require you to confirm your email now).

I've just never heard a vendor say that before. Gave me a good chuckle!!

I was married at dreams cancun, I believe there are 4 restaurants, but they all serve a variety of food, its not just seafood at any of them, there is one thats just japanese food, one that is a buffet, and then the other two have a little bit of everything. If you stay in the tower there is also a breakfast buffet there in the mornings, if you don't want to go over to the otherside of the resort and there is a snack place that serves sandwiches and burgers, etc... at lunch time. They also have theme nights, one that we went to was mexican night and they had this whole setup at the lagoon area with all kinds of mexican food, but the restaurants were open as well.

I haven't been to tulum so I'm not sure how many restaurants they have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtneyV View Post
LOL! Sorry I just thought that was funny because I always do!! I actually made up an email account for just spam - I give it to all of the sites that require it, but I never want to hear from (especially since most require you to confirm your email now).

I've just never heard a vendor say that before. Gave me a good chuckle!!
grrrr.. spam wink.gif well its not like its really going to spam them wink.gif but it will send out an email reminder when the gallery is going to expire or i have added new photos. so i figure random people that didnt want to people who didnt know the couple to get email reminders.. you should see my spam email account. its like 140,000 messages right now i think

we went with cancun for two reason 1 the travel time to tulum and 2 that alot of our guest are 20 somethings and would want to get out of the resort a day or night and theres more to do in cancun hope this helps happy planning!