Running of the Brides???

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you!  I got a sale where it was only $60 for two years, so it will be available after the wedding for pics.  I wanted a free one, but really wanted music.  Wedding window was like $90 for a year or something and didn't have unlimited photos, then I saw this one for $75 or close to it, but them found a promo code online.  I think I had clicked on some other bride's website on the forum (Shea I think), and thought the same thing as you.  So I went for it!  Hurry up and get a pic of that dream dress with you in it!!!!

Originally Posted by Thisisit2011 View Post

By the way - your wedding website rocks!

• 2 weeks later...

I went to the one in Boston, i'm not a drama kinda girl so we waited until 2pm. by then most of the dresses were back on the racks, and those that weren't were found in other peoples discards. Nobody was trading at that point anymore so it was easy.

It was very disapointing. out of the thousands only a few were not strapless, (strapless look horrible on me) and of those ever fewer were a size 12 or 14.

The few that I did get to try on were ripped or broken in some way,,either the lace was torn or the zippers, one had a shoe print on it, seams were ripped! This makes it very hard to try something on when it doesn't have a zipper!

I couldn't believe how people treated these dresses! Just tossing them on the floor when they were done, stepping on them, it was crazy!

I hear you girl.  It was such a shame to see these beautiful dresses torn to bits.  How hard is it to try on a dress gently (and if it doesn't fit then don't zip it all the way)?  This event is to help every bride find her dream dress, and people just don't understand that what you are mistreating could be someone else's chance to find the one!  I wish everyone could remember what they were taught in Kindergarden.  I think these girls took those dresses for granted because it wasn't their dream dress, and maybe thought they earned it because they got their first.  I dunno, but I'm so sorry your experience wasn't the best!  You dress is out there waiting for you, it might even be here in the forum! 

Originally Posted by magirl View Post

I went to the one in Boston, i'm not a drama kinda girl so we waited until 2pm. by then most of the dresses were back on the racks, and those that weren't were found in other peoples discards. Nobody was trading at that point anymore so it was easy.

It was very disapointing. out of the thousands only a few were not strapless, (strapless look horrible on me) and of those ever fewer were a size 12 or 14.

The few that I did get to try on were ripped or broken in some way,,either the lace was torn or the zippers, one had a shoe print on it, seams were ripped! This makes it very hard to try something on when it doesn't have a zipper!

I couldn't believe how people treated these dresses! Just tossing them on the floor when they were done, stepping on them, it was crazy!

This event was AMAZING! The girls were really excited & that was so nice to see. They were so grateful they could share that experience with me. We went to the event in Ohio & it was worth it. I missed the one in Chicago & was anxious to go to the one in Ohio. We got there at 8:30 & the place was already packed. At that particular location, there were a TON of ivory gowns, so finding a white gown was my most difficult task. I had a total of 4 "team" members while other BTB had 10 plus... a little overwhelming because each team member was grabbing 5 plus dresses each. The racks were empty at times but were replenished by the workers that day.

I did not like how some of the girls would try in a dress, not like it, throw it on the floor or over the racks..possibly damaging the dresses. I made sure to hang up each dress & put it back in the bag. The day was great! I wore a "spanx" type under piece & designated a spot in the store where we met at & tried on my dresses there. It was really easy & I did get overwhelmed after trying on so many...but I finally found the one! I had no idea what I wanted but I knew what I didn't want.

Overall, it was a wonderful experience, we had a blast, got excited about the wedding day, & created a special memory. It was worth it for me. I found my DREAM dress, it fit my Mexican theme wit the lace & I loved the fit. http://www.bestbridalprices.com/images/moonlight/spring09/large/H9910.jpg The picture is shown in ivory, my dress is white. All of the dresses I tried on & the one I bought was in perfect condition. It retails for $1200 & I got it for $268 with tax, giving me some extra money for shoes & my BD shoot!!!!!!!

end of summer 058.JPG

Ready to go at 4am

end of summer 074.JPG

I found it... my boobs are huge because I am nursing...they WILL go down!!

Mobile Uploads 481.jpg

I tried it on right when I got home! Smiling ear to ear.

What a beautiful dress!  You look gorgeous!

Congratulations!

Originally Posted by loveyd View Post

This event was AMAZING! The girls were really excited & that was so nice to see. They were so grateful they could share that experience with me. We went to the event in Ohio & it was worth it. I missed the one in Chicago & was anxious to go to the one in Ohio. We got there at 8:30 & the place was already packed. At that particular location, there were a TON of ivory gowns, so finding a white gown was my most difficult task. I had a total of 4 "team" members while other BTB had 10 plus... a little overwhelming because each team member was grabbing 5 plus dresses each. The racks were empty at times but were replenished by the workers that day.

I did not like how some of the girls would try in a dress, not like it, throw it on the floor or over the racks..possibly damaging the dresses. I made sure to hang up each dress & put it back in the bag. The day was great! I wore a "spanx" type under piece & designated a spot in the store where we met at & tried on my dresses there. It was really easy & I did get overwhelmed after trying on so many...but I finally found the one! I had no idea what I wanted but I knew what I didn't want.

Overall, it was a wonderful experience, we had a blast, got excited about the wedding day, & created a special memory. It was worth it for me. I found my DREAM dress, it fit my Mexican theme wit the lace & I loved the fit. http://www.bestbridalprices.com/images/moonlight/spring09/large/H9910.jpg The picture is shown in ivory, my dress is white. All of the dresses I tried on & the one I bought was in perfect condition. It retails for $1200 & I got it for $268 with tax, giving me some extra money for shoes & my BD shoot!!!!!!!

end of summer 058.JPG

Ready to go at 4am

end of summer 074.JPG

I found it... my boobs are huge because I am nursing...they WILL go down!!

Mobile Uploads 481.jpg

I tried it on right when I got home! Smiling ear to ear.