Photo

Inviting DW guests to AHR???

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 iGotsGills

iGotsGills
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:04 PM

This is the experience we had with ours.  Everyone got along so well in the Bahamas - many of them never having met each other - and they were thrilled to see each other again two weeks after the ceremony.

Originally Posted by jmastr05 

Now that we've had our DW, the thing that I think would be cool about an AHR after the wedding is the "reunion" aspect. Our friends and family that didn't know each other before the wedding became great friends while spending several days together at the DW. I think they would really like a chance to meet up again and rekindle the new friendships.

#32 pfeiffla

pfeiffla
    • 155 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:04 PM

I would definitely invite everyone you invited to the DW.  At the end of the day, if they attended the DW, they can choose not to attend the AHR!

#33 balibride

balibride
      • 153 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:15 AM

I'm going to have an open house BBQ and invite everyone - I'm hoping for a "reunion" type feel!

#34 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
        • 1,350 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:48 AM

Thanks for this great post!!!.. It answered a lot of questions I had!!..

Did anyone include on their DW invitation that they would have an AHR?  Or should you keep them totally seperate?

I live in AL, FI lives in GA and since I will be moving to GA once we are married I am thinking we should do an AHR in GA no more than 1 month after we return. Possible our 1 month anniversary since it will be on a Saturday (inviting everyone) and doing dancing, appetizers, drinks, have photos out from the wedding, thumb print tree for everyone to sign and a wedding cake for everyone.

#35 Mufin1785

Mufin1785
          • 438 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:19 AM

We are included everything in one mailing the invitation will be for the DW and reception enclosure card will have the AHR info and the reply card will list both events.  I don't want to hurt anyone feeling so we thought that this would be the best way to do it.  that way no one feels excluded. 

#36 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
            • 1,350 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mufin1785 

We are included everything in one mailing the invitation will be for the DW and reception enclosure card will have the AHR info and the reply card will list both events.  I don't want to hurt anyone feeling so we thought that this would be the best way to do it.  that way no one feels excluded. 

Ahh.. that's a good idea!!.. I don't want to make over 200 passport invited though... lol..  We are just inviting our close family and friends to the DW to keep it more personal and simple.. And then invited everyone to the AHR so that they feel included. Because of course we want to able able to see everyone at the AHR.  

#37 KKertz

KKertz
              • 14 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:50 AM

Hi ladies!  This is a really helpful thread.  My FI and I are getting married in DR in April 2013. This is causing major stress in my family because it's a lot of money to fly down for some members.  So, we'll be holding a AHR in June 2013 and hoping this appeases everyone. 

Is the general consensus that you invite everyone on the DW invite to the AHR party??  I was originally thinking we'd do something small and intimate back home but the more I think about it I wonder if we should make this AHR really big?  Did some of you wait to decide how big/small until after you got your DW RSVP's??

Thanks!

#38 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
                • 1,350 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:53 AM

Well I caved, I made over 100 passport invitations.. So that no one would feel left out. But I'm sure only close friends and family will actually attend the DW.

#39 FutureMrsCPM

FutureMrsCPM
                  • 32 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

we are inviting everyone to the AHR. :)

#40 Liann03

Liann03
                    • 152 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:44 AM

So are we.... With strict.... NO GIFT POLICY! We just want to toast with those who couldn't travel n share pictures! Plus, I get to wear my dress again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users