Photo

Inviting DW guests to AHR???

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#11 katierenae

katierenae
  • 117 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:39 PM

this answered a lot of my questions, thank you!!

#12 RobbyC

RobbyC
    • Site Supporter
    • 30 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 12:04 PM

We are going to have our AHR almost 4 months later.  We are getting married on 11/11/11 in Jamaica, but want to wait until after the holidays and snow (we live in MN)... We are going to have our sand ceremony at the reception too!  We are inviting EVERYONE!  We have a big family with a lot of nieces, nephews and younger cousins that can't go so it will be a big party! 

#13 welljen

welljen
      • Site Supporter
      • 94 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 01:55 PM

Hey Ladies,

My fiance and I are also planning on doing an AHR about a month and half after our wedding on May 5, 2011; and we were planning on inviting all of the same people to the wedding to the AHR. Right now, the only thing we know is that it will be an informal brunch, but we haven't finalized the venue and date.

Currently we are finalizing the invitations and I was wondering whether it was necessary to include the details on the AHR? With the event details still TBD I was wondering whether it would be okay to send out the regular invitations and then to send out the invites to the AHR after we've gotten married?

Have any of you been in the same situation?

#14 82turtles

82turtles
        • 297 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 02:19 PM

I wouldn't bother with all the details for the AHR on the invite unless they were all nailed down at this point. I think it would be fine to maybe just say that you'll be hosting a reception back home, with details to come. If you have a month or specific date set, or even just the town name, that would be helpful -- kind of like a STD for the AHR on the invite.

I don't know if I would wait until after you get married to send the actual AHR invite -- a month and a half is a little on the short side. Maybe a few weeks before you leave you can send those out? That would give you time after you get back to count RSVP's, set numbers with vendors if needed, and follow up with people who didn't reply. Just a thought!

#15 Amiep603

Amiep603
          • 184 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 07:56 AM

i agree everyone will want to celebrate!!

#16 welljen

welljen
            • Site Supporter
            • 94 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 01:34 PM

Thanks ladies! Your thoughts have been very helpful! 

#17 Avens

Avens
              • 576 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 01:16 PM

I'm going to invite everyone I think.  Or else your immediate family will miss out!

#18 goodtoglow

goodtoglow
                • 110 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:08 AM

I'm definitely inviting everyone - I'll put the AHR reception info on one of the cards for our pocketfold invites for those coming on the cruise, and then just mail out a simple AHR invite for those who are not coming to the wedding (we aren't sending out any invites until after the cruise has to be paid in full, which is 2.5 months before the cruise) I'm going to do it cocktail style as well, but I want to wear my dress again and have the bridal party wear their outfits!

#19 dby88

dby88
                  • 166 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:27 PM

I like the idea of inviting everyone, but one of the reasons we are doing a destination is because our family and friends are all over the country. We'll definitely have to invite all of the people close to out AHR.

#20 NA2015

NA2015
                    • 170 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 01:23 PM

We will be inviting everyone! Since everyone that is attending our wedding is close friends (wedding party) and family! :o)  So of course they have to be at our AHR.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users