Photo

Inviting DW guests to AHR???

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Lolita29

Lolita29
  • 426 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:05 AM

Hi ladies! So i'm thinking of having an AHR in Chicago about a month after my wedding in Cabo. I'm not doing a big reception, sit down thing. I'm looking at having it in a big room at the Waterford overlooking the lake that holds 200 people and i want to do just a cocktail party. Now, i was thinking about inviting everyone that i invited to the wedding to the AHR not just those that i know are not coming. Is that ok??

#2 josietoms

josietoms
    • 765 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:25 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Lolita29
      Hi ladies! So i'm thinking of having an AHR in Chicago about a month after my wedding in Cabo. I'm not doing a big reception, sit down thing. I'm looking at having it in a big room at the Waterford overlooking the lake that holds 200 people and i want to do just a cocktail party. Now, i was thinking about inviting everyone that i invited to the wedding to the AHR not just those that i know are not coming. Is that ok??
      I dont see why not thats what I'm doing x
      Josie x

#3 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
      • Banned
      • 630 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:32 PM

I am inviting everyone to the AHR. I hope to have a slideshow at my AHR with pictures from the trip to Mexico. It would be that much more fun if the people in the pictures are in the room watching.

#4 Jen1407

Jen1407
        • 393 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:56 PM

We will be inviting everyone to the AHR, not just those that are coming away with us when we get married.

#5 Lolita29

Lolita29
          • 426 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:50 PM

Ok thanks ladies, i heard somewhere that the AHR is really just for those that were not able to attend the DW not for those that did. So i just wanted to check and see what everyone else was going to do.

#6 jszy10

jszy10
            • 1,192 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 11:50 AM

I'm inviting everyone to my AHR!!  I think some of the guests who didn't get to come to your wedding would love to spend time with those who did!

#7 ashleyryan

ashleyryan
              • Site Supporter
              • 45 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clgriffi7 

I am inviting everyone to the AHR. I hope to have a slideshow at my AHR with pictures from the trip to Mexico. It would be that much more fun if the people in the pictures are in the room watching.

A slideshow is such a good idea!! I'm totally going to borrow this one from you and create a slideshow   

It's a great way for those that couldn't make it feel like they're involved, and at the same time, it's a wonderful reinion of those that did make it. Everyone loves to reminise after a fabulous trip together!

#8 stina76

stina76
                • 54 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:56 PM

I got married July 10th and I am having my AHR on Sept 11th.  I invited everyone, but so far it looks like the majority of the guests that have rsvp'd are the ones who came to the DW!  Haha, oh well it will be fun to talk about the wedding.  My AHR is casual in my MIL's backyard.  I am going to do a slideshow of the pictures of the wedding and the honeymoon and hopefully we will have our video by then too.    

#9 bizzyangel

bizzyangel
                  • 193 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:22 PM

I am debating if I am doing an AHR but I would probably invite everyone who came to the wedding as well. I wouldn't want to exclude them as well. I would probably have it at my house though to cut down a venue cost.

#10 Amanda+Dave

Amanda+Dave
                    • 509 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:16 AM

I plan on inviting everyone that came to CR as well as those who didn;t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users