Photo

TTD Makeup?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 daizyduke

daizyduke
  • 230 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:49 PM

Never even thought about that.  Great thread.  Thanks everyone for the tips.

#42 JayKay

JayKay
    • 3,472 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:07 PM

This is something I have never even thought of!!  Thanks for all the great advice on products!

#43 Desiree Irizarry

Desiree Irizarry
    • 25 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by Matt Adcock 

Desi, your underwater makeup boudoir bride shot... just unreal...  I have so much respect for this photography, its on my top favorite lists :)

Desi_B_0080.jpg

Wow, Desire you are a spokesperson for makeup or what???  Is there a link or some way to purchase that specific makeup? 

Hey Matt,

After 3 sessions with Sol Tamargo I know what wears well and what melts under the hot Mexican sun...Once I get down there I will be painting faces with this great makeup ;) I have a plentiful supply of this stuff to last me through many brides !!!!!!!

Miss you guys !!!

Desi

#44 BusyBee123

BusyBee123
      • 335 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:08 PM

Wow...I hadn't given it any thought beyond waterproof mascara! I guess I should get to Sephora pronto!

Thanks for bringing this up!

#45 cricket2168

cricket2168
        • 77 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:09 AM

Hi Girls! I just got back from my wedding/honeymoon in Mexico last night. Make up - I let the salon do my make up since it was included in my package. The nicest way I can say this.....well, I was embarrassed to walk from the salon all the way up to my room...But I had to so I could fix it!!!

I am filipino, so I have asian facial features, but people think I look more hawaiin or polynesian. The lady made me up like a full geisha girl! When I looked in the mirror, I didn't even reconize myself! My older brother came up to my room to see how things were going - well, he waited til a day after the wedding to tell me that when he first saw my make up, I scared him! He didn't want to tell me then in case of upsetting me, but said that when I came downstairs after fixing it up, I looked 100 times better! So, in my opinion, do your own make up! Get good waterproof mascara & a good eye make up remover - oil blotting sheets (there is no way possible to not sweat through your make up in the heat) Oh, and my whole stay there, I only used a serum instead of a lotion on my face, and that worked out very good.

#46 JayKay

JayKay
          • 3,472 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
          • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
          • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:24 AM

Thanks for the advice!

Originally Posted by cricket2168 

Hi Girls! I just got back from my wedding/honeymoon in Mexico last night. Make up - I let the salon do my make up since it was included in my package. The nicest way I can say this.....well, I was embarrassed to walk from the salon all the way up to my room...But I had to so I could fix it!!!

I am filipino, so I have asian facial features, but people think I look more hawaiin or polynesian. The lady made me up like a full geisha girl! When I looked in the mirror, I didn't even reconize myself! My older brother came up to my room to see how things were going - well, he waited til a day after the wedding to tell me that when he first saw my make up, I scared him! He didn't want to tell me then in case of upsetting me, but said that when I came downstairs after fixing it up, I looked 100 times better! So, in my opinion, do your own make up! Get good waterproof mascara & a good eye make up remover - oil blotting sheets (there is no way possible to not sweat through your make up in the heat) Oh, and my whole stay there, I only used a serum instead of a lotion on my face, and that worked out very good.

#47 BusyBee123

BusyBee123
          • 335 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 02:46 PM

Wow...I can't even imagine that happening!  Sounds like you were a great sport about it and took it all in stride!  I get a makeup trial in my package, so I'm sincerely hoping that we can get it right!  After your story, I will definitely be bringing some extra make up with me....just in case!!! Thanks for sharing! :)

#48 ellenj01

ellenj01
            • 161 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:22 PM

Oh my goodness!  What a story!  I'm glad you were so relaxed about it!  I'm thinking about going to MAC here, and see if they can help me figure out and teach me how to best do my makeup for my wedding.  Based on your story, it is probably a good idea!

#49 J-me

J-me
              • 398 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 01:13 PM

Hmm I hadn't thought about this yet either - thanks for the tips ladies!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users