Photo

Bouquet - is it really necessary?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 fogdog

fogdog
  • 170 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:09 PM

so my brother is going to be my man of honor and i won't have any other bridesmaids, etc. i don't want to make him hold the flowers and i've heard that i can't bring them home from mexico anyway. which means i'm thinking about going without a bouquet. would this be strange? is there any other good reason to have one? it seems like just one more thing to worry about but maybe i'm missing something...?
    Bridget and Brian
    Los Cabos 11/17/07

#2 Christine

Christine
    • VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:11 PM

I think having a bouquet made me feel more bridal, but no I don't think you HAVE to have one, nor would it be weird if you didn't and I certainly wouldn't think your brother would want one, but you could give him a flower for his shirt.
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#3 TammyB

TammyB
    • 10,630 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:15 PM

No you don't need one, but IMO I couldn't imagine getting married without one. I didn't have anyone standing up at our wedding, so during the ceremony I set my bouquet on the table that the judge stood behind.

#4 JulieG

JulieG
      • VIP Member
      • 8,323 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:15 PM

I personally want to carry a bouquet, when else will I get to in my life, never, and I love flowers. I do not think it would be weird if you did not have one, but really think about it, I would hate for you to miss out on something like that. I think your brother just needs a bout, and that is all, he should not carry a bouquet. lol

#5 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
        • 1,798 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:22 PM

I like what Tammy said in that you can just set them down or maybe have you mom hold them if she is sitting/standing right in front. The other option , if you truely don't want flowers, would be to carry a wonderful hand bag so you have something to do with your hands. That you could also set down or hand off. I love that your brother is standing up with you.

#6 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:22 PM

You mean hold the flowers when you need your hands free right? Not, walk down the aisle holding a bouquet. I think you could just set it down. But, you don't need one. They come free with a lot of wedding packages though, so I think it's worth having.

#7 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:36 PM

it's all about personal decision - you don't HAVE to do anything on your wedding day! you could wear a pair of old jeans and a tank top, no makeup, and you could still get married ... anywhere! it's all about how YOU want your day to be. with that said, if you want a bouquet, get one! if not, don't. if you're just worried about logistics, i just set mine on the table as well when i needed my hands (i had no attendants). personally, i wanted a bouquet (and it did come w/my package) - so i got one. but if i didn't want one - i don't think anyone would have even noticed.

#8 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
              • VIP Member
              • 4,116 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:42 PM

I agree - bouquet is not necessary but I LOVED mine! You could always do one of those pretty pomander balls...that was you can let in hang on your wrist while you're busy w/ rings and such.

Here's an example with hydrandgeas - though I've seen them with other types of flowers as well. Roses are really pretty like this.

It's on page 3, the first one on the 2nd row ( sorry I could't make it easier to find! lol!)

http://weddings.thek....spx?gallery=20

#9 JulieG

JulieG
                • VIP Member
                • 8,323 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:46 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by redwards
                  I agree - bouquet is not necessary but I LOVED mine! You could always do one of those pretty pomander balls...that was you can let in hang on your wrist while you're busy w/ rings and such.

Here's an example with hydrandgeas - though I've seen them with other types of flowers as well. Roses are really pretty like this.

It's on page 3, the first one on the 2nd row ( sorry I could't make it easier to find! lol!)

http://weddings.thek....spx?gallery=20
                  Good idea, then no one has to hold it, it will just hang on your wrist, I think that would be really pretty.

#10 TammyB

TammyB
                  • 10,630 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:47 PM

See I would be afraid I would twirl it the whole time.. lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users