Photo

Man Made Diamonds?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 MissSimone

MissSimone
  • 255 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:53 PM

Has anyone received a man made diamond e-ring? I literally just heard that they make man made diamonds now and wanted to know anyone's experience with them?

#2 *Karla*

*Karla*
    • 4,854 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:14 PM

An actual diamond? B/C things like diamonique and CZ have been around forever and are considered "man made" diamonds.

But no, I have no experience with them.

#3 MissSimone

MissSimone
      • 255 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:28 PM

yes these are actual diamonds that were created in a factory. the process apparently takes a couple of days instead of the billions of years it takes the earth to make an earth diamond. i read that there isn't a difference between these diamonds and diamonds from mother nature.

#4 *Karla*

*Karla*
        • 4,854 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:42 PM

Interesting....I wonder how the price compares? I guess it would be sort of like cultured pearls vs. natural pearls?

#5 vlynnw

vlynnw
          • 6,003 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:45 PM

I looked into them awhile ago bc I was very specific with my FI about where he could buy a diamond for me. I know people that have some moissanite and it looks great. The main difference in the look of man made diamonds are the differences between natural and artificial lighting. Sometimes in the sunlight they can have a more yellow tint to them.
            Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#6 *Karla*

*Karla*
            • 4,854 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:53 PM

That's the other one I had heard of V! I actually did some checking around too, in the days before we were really looking for a ring. I wanted a Canadian diamond just to be safe, but we ended up at Robbins Bros. I don't remember where the diamond came from, but I do know they made a big deal about saying they did not purchase "blood diamonds," but I guess you never really know...

#7 vlynnw

vlynnw
              • 6,003 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:54 PM

yeah mine came from Canada, I was very specific about where it could come from. I did way to much research in the area of blood diamonds in college to risk it.
                Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#8 MissSimone

MissSimone
                • 255 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:55 PM

The price on these man made diamonds are a lot cheaper than earth made diamonds. i saw a 3 ct center diamond with 1 ct eternity band for 2,500.

#9 mlabbe

mlabbe
                  • 784 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:20 PM

They are cheaper because although they are diamonds, they aren't the real deal. A big difference too is that usually they are closer to having perfect clarity (no inclusions) because the process is so controlled...

#10 MissSimone

MissSimone
                    • 255 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:29 PM

well a diamond is a diamond is a diamond. that sounds like the real deal to me. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users