Photo

Beaches T&C brides! *bouquets*

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 Michelle-2

Michelle-2
  • 310 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:43 PM

I am going with the BB wedding at Beaches also. I decided to order real-touch flowers instead of going with the ones that come with the BB package. I wanted to be able choose the style and colors that I liked and I want to be able to keep my flowers.

Beaches Turks & Caicos - October 21, 2011

#12 Girasole

Girasole
    • 757 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:11 AM

Customs issue is mainly because of bringing different bugs into the country. I have seen some really pretty real touch flowers but because I love real flowers I opted to go that route. It's definitely just personal preference.
      Chrissy & Jeremiah's Blog with Pictures...

http://www.brilliant....island-escape/

#13 hockeymom97

hockeymom97
      • 2,458 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:37 AM

It's good to know that there is a chance of changing the orchid colors in the BB package. I am bringing my own real touch bouquet, but I'd like to use fresh orchids for centerpieces...except I want fuchsia orchids instead of the purple ones they offer. I really hope this is doable.
        Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

#14 Josie1073

Josie1073
        • Banned
        • 103 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:06 AM

My WC in Miami told me that the only two colors they offer for BB weddings in the orchids is white or purple.  I tried to push my way into other colors without paying for an upgrade, but no luck.  Since my colors are hot pink and orange, and I am trying to save money, I am bringing real touch flowers for me and the wedding party.  Plus, we can't take real flowers home anyway.  No one will know the difference in the pictures

#15 hockeymom97

hockeymom97
          • 2,458 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 02:04 PM

blech...that's not what I wanted to hear Josie, lol. I'm fine with using real touch flowers and bringing them myself, but I thought since the orchids are included in the BB package that I could save some money by not having to purchase more real touch flowers.

This may be a stupid question, but does anyone know if you don't use any flowers from the resort, do they credit anything back, like a credit that you could use towards other upgrades?

#16 mrs*j*2011

mrs*j*2011
            • Banned
            • 206 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:25 PM

I read on Facebook (on the "Fans Who Love Sandals Weddingmoons" page) that blue orchids are available with the BB package, in addition to the standard purple or white. 

There is a new floral catalog that just came out which includes different colors and variations of the flowers offered.  I think it literally just came out yesterday so you might want to check with your WC again.

~~ Lea ~~
              January 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Royal Caribbean
              (honeymooning at Couples Negril)

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/xRI3m4.png

#17 hockeymom97

hockeymom97
              • 2,458 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 05:59 AM

Yep, there is a new catalog. My TA emailed it to me but I was in the middle of upgrading the Adobe software on my computer at work when I received it and then started having computer issues, so when I left work, my IT guy was still working on my computer and I haven't been able to look at it yet, lol. I'm dying to see it!!!

#18 LaurenMarie

LaurenMarie
                • 86 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 03:18 PM

I have also been wondering about floral upgrades. I don't really like the standard ones in the BB package, and I absolutely LOVE flowers, so I definitely want to have a beautiful bouquet on my wedding day and in my pics. 

I know this is a stupid question, but how do you travel w/ real-touch flowers without messing them up (even in your cayy-on bag)??  I do not know much about "real-touch flowers", but it sounds like the way to go if you want to save money and have pretty flowers. :-)

#19 mrs*j*2011

mrs*j*2011
                  • Banned
                  • 206 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by LaurenMarie 

I know this is a stupid question, but how do you travel w/ real-touch flowers without messing them up (even in your cayy-on bag)??  I do not know much about "real-touch flowers", but it sounds like the way to go if you want to save money and have pretty flowers. :-)

totally not a stupid question!  I wondered the same thing too and read that some (most?) people keep the flowers in the boxes they were shipped in and pack it directly into your carry-on suitcase.  The flowers will already be packaged for travel via the mail so they should hold up no problem in your suitcase!

~~ Lea ~~
                    January 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Royal Caribbean
                    (honeymooning at Couples Negril)

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/xRI3m4.png

#20 LaurenMarie

LaurenMarie
                    • 86 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:58 AM

Good deal!  Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users