20 replies to this topic

#11 foxytv

foxytv
  • VIP Member
  • 7,740 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 02:21 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ajncooter
    That's awesome! Australia sounds so exciting -- espcially if you get lots of honeymoon registry gifts!!!

#12 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
    • 1,798 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 02:23 PM

We are using Honey fund as there is NO FEE. Free honeymoon registry - give and receive honeymoon gifts. No fees, no strings - Honeyfund.com
      It isn't as nice but you can make up fun things to do. We also have 2 households worth of stuff and don't need things. The guests will send us checks in the mail and that is nice becase we don't have to wait for one big pay out. Does that make sense?
      Here is ours Stephanie Fricke and Chris Pelach on Honeyfund.com, the free honeymoon registry
      feel free to buy us stuff

#13 foxytv

foxytv
      • VIP Member
      • 7,740 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 02:30 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Stephanie 525
        We are using Honey fund as there is NO FEE. Free honeymoon registry - give and receive honeymoon gifts. No fees, no strings - Honeyfund.com
        It isn't as nice but you can make up fun things to do. We also have 2 households worth of stuff and don't need things. The guests will send us checks in the mail and that is nice becase we don't have to wait for one big pay out. Does that make sense?
        Here is ours Stephanie Fricke and Chris Pelach on Honeyfund.com, the free honeymoon registry
        feel free to buy us stuff
        I really like that one too! PayPal does have fees assocaited with it ... (although they aren't 7%).

My only thought was that they will know the money is being sent directly to the couple as opposed to feeling like they are actually "purchasing" the gift itself. I guess you could set up the PayPal account any way you want though. Now that's got me thinking I should do it that way...

I guess it shouldn't matter either way ... but I have family who want to give gifts, but who I know wouldn't use the registry if they knew it was money instead of what they thought was an excursion or gift...

#14 tvt

tvt
        • VIP Member
        • 4,812 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 02:32 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by ajncooter
          holy smokes! that's one fantastic honeymoon! aren't you scared to snorkle at the great barrier reef? aren't there sharks?

#15 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
          • VIP Member
          • 2,347 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 02:36 PM

We're using Honeymoon Wishes also, and the initial reaction we got from family/friends when they saw it on our website was that they were really excited about it! They thought the idea of purchasing "memories" instead of items was such a cool concept---- his siblings immediately started thinking about whether they wanted to get us horseback riding time, or swimming with dolphins, etc... They were probably more excited about it than we even were!! :)

#16 jak27

jak27
            • 715 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 02:47 PM

So, I love this idea!

Just a thought, for everyone doing the honeymoon registry is to make sure and take pictures doing what the gift was (unless it's something not so appropriate like a couples massage or something) and make sure to include a picture of you enjoying the horseback riding or whatever in your thank-you card. I think that would really make it special for the gift giver!

Just my two cents!

#17 foxytv

foxytv
              • VIP Member
              • 7,740 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 02:51 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by jak27
                So, I love this idea!

Just a thought, for everyone doing the honeymoon registry is to make sure and take pictures doing what the gift was (unless it's something not so appropriate like a couples massage or something) and make sure to include a picture of you enjoying the horseback riding or whatever in your thank-you card. I think that would really make it special for the gift giver!

Just my two cents!
                What a simple, but PERFECT idea to truly let them know how much the gift is appreciated! And to let them know you put it to good use!!!

#18 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                • VIP Member
                • 4,791 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:06 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by MikkiStreak
                  We're using Honeymoon Wishes also, and the initial reaction we got from family/friends when they saw it on our website was that they were really excited about it! They thought the idea of purchasing "memories" instead of items was such a cool concept---- his siblings immediately started thinking about whether they wanted to get us horseback riding time, or swimming with dolphins, etc... They were probably more excited about it than we even were!! :)
                  I found this off of Patti's site and am looking into it. We definitely don't need a bunch of "stuff" - we've already got a house full of "stuff"

What we would REALLY LOVE to have is a dream honeymoon! This is perfect for us! I'm glad to hear your family is excited about it. I was worried that it might come off as tacky...

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by foxytv
                  What a simple, but PERFECT idea to truly let them know how much the gift is appreciated! And to let them know you put it to good use!!!
                  GREAT idea!!! I really want them to feel like they had a part in our enjoyment of the honeymoon.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                  "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#19 ajncooter

ajncooter
                  • 983 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 06:33 AM

thanks.. i am a master diver and so is Brad so it will be a dream come true to dive the Great Barrier Reef. There are no fees for me either because Patti is also handling all of our 50 guests wedding week to RIU in Cabo. So its free and easy!

#20 MsFaszion

MsFaszion
                    • 174 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

I'm considering doing this type of registry as well, hope folks don't feel offended.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users