SunandSand's Dreams La Romana Wedding Review --- A DREAM!

Congratulations!! Sorry to hear about your travel woes sad.gif But glad it didn't put a damper on your wedding, sounds like it was amazing! And your photos are fantastic!! You looked beautiful, and you make such a stunning couple! I'm so happy we've booked HDC for our wedding next May!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off...Congratulations SunandSand!!! You, your husband, your children, guests, looked AMAZING! So wonderful that you took the time to review and allow us to view your pics.

Thank you for sharing and I'm glad you made the best of your situation with respect to the travel portion of the trip. Good luck to you with your TA...hope something can be worked out for you and your husband.

Hearing how your children read from Dr. Seuss is such a GREAT idea...my boys are going to be 7 and 8 at our wedding and we want to include them as much as possible, and that is the most original reading I've ever heard and so appropriate, especially for kids! Kudos for thinking of that...would you be offended if I possibly used your idea with my own boys?

So glad we also booked HDC...everytime I see their work, I get more and more anxious to work with them on our day. They truly are amazing!

Thanks again...

Nancy

Hi Nancy,

I have no problem with your boys reading the same reading. I will suggest that you go through the book and take out a few of the paragraphs because it's really long. Also, after we read our vows to each other, we also read these vows to my children:

We promise

To continue to build a family

That is strong and nurturing.

To care for you

And to help you find the paths

That will lead you through life.

To be proud always of you

And to love you unconditionally.

They were really touched by this and it was a great way to involve them.

SunandSand,

WOW, that is soooo beautiful; what a great way to honour your children. I bet there wasn't a dry eye on the beach...I know I'm tearing up.

I've been looking at vows online to include my boys and to find something that my fiancé can say to them since he will, essentially, be joining our family as their stepfather. We want this to be so special for the kids...it's not just about us. We did get a unity candle (one for blended families), with all of our names inscribed on it, as well as the date of the ceremony, but I love the reading because it's a promise that you and your husband made to the children. Again, simply beautiful...

As for the Dr. Seuss reading...I remember reading that to the boys when they were little; I've got to get a copy of it again and take out the parts we'd need. Your ceremony must have been wonderful. Thanks again for the advice. Now, must dry my eyes, and try to work!

Take care,

Nancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReeRee View Post
You two look wonderful in those beautiful pics!! Question, where did your husband get his white shirts and slacks from?? I want my FI to have similar all white attire as well.
Hey ReeRee,
The shirt was Banana Republic and the pants were from Tristan (Canadian company). We saw similar ones at Armani Exchange.

It's funny because his mom was so upset he was not going to be wearing a suit. She called us every day leading up to the wedding to get him to change his mind. After a while, he started shopping for blazers to appease her and I had to remind him that this original outfit is what he wanted. He looked great PLUS he would have been miserable with more clothes on in that heat.

Fantastic review Sunandsand! I loved how you were so postive and excited throughout the whole thing until the travel section...than your "voice" morphed into "don't mess with me" mode. Awesome. I hope you get everything worked out with the TA...let us know what happens!

Oh, and LOVE your dress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRama View Post
Fantastic review Sunandsand! I loved how you were so postive and excited throughout the whole thing until the travel section...than your "voice" morphed into "don't mess with me" mode. Awesome. I hope you get everything worked out with the TA...let us know what happens!

Oh, and LOVE your dress!
OMG! KRama you made me laugh. Sooo true. Funny that you can read into my mood. Believe me, they have not heard the last of me.

And I LOVED the dress too. It was worth the 8-hour drive to NYC to buy. Could never afford Vera Wang in Canada, but NYC sales are amazing!

Reading your review has me even more excited! Everything looked gorgeous and the pics are fantastic! We are using HDC as well. I think your TTD session was the highlight, you are both so photogenic. Did you bring the table decorations with you or did DLR provide them?