HELP! Trimming the playlist for 2 hrs?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 cathyandchin

cathyandchin
  • 294 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:22 PM

Hey all!

FI and I spent the last couple months coming up with a playlist of songs from high school, college, and our favorite: Michael Jackson. cheesy, yes. I know... but we love R & B from the 90's.

So now the problem is that I have 5 hours of my all time favorite songs that are danceable (slow & fast), some latin grooves for my family (just like 8 songs), and classic songs too, OH... and some must have late night grooves too.
    Our dinner is an hour and I've got the mellow tunes for that, the problem is that the reception is only 2 hours. Our group is kinda small but we're all into dancing and I wanted to make sure that I had a little for everyone.

How do I get rid of songs that I LOVE??

I'm leaving in less than a week so I'm kinda crazy about this!!
    http://tickers.Ticke....7ab3/event.png

18 adults + 2 kids booked + bride and groom

#2 Norma83

Norma83
    • 173 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:38 PM

Oh, that's a toughy! I would maybe just start doing process of elimination and see which type of music you have the most and then cut some out OR if all else fails just flip a coin! LOL Since it's a list of all of your favorite music already, I'm sure the 2 hour list you come up with will be just as great.

Sorry I'm not much help!

#3 cathyandchin

cathyandchin
      • 294 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:17 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Norma83
        Oh, that's a toughy! I would maybe just start doing process of elimination and see which type of music you have the most and then cut some out OR if all else fails just flip a coin! LOL Since it's a list of all of your favorite music already, I'm sure the 2 hour list you come up with will be just as great.

Sorry I'm not much help!
        Thanks Norma. I think I might just flip the coin... since it's all my favorite anyways.

You've given me the confidence boost I needed, you rock! Must be a Dallas thing I think, lol!

Cathy
        http://tickers.Ticke....7ab3/event.png

18 adults + 2 kids booked + bride and groom

#4 Norma83

Norma83
        • 173 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:19 AM

No problem! Glad I could help :)

LOL a Dallas thing!

I hope you have a blast at your wedding! Let me know how your music turns out :)

-Norma

#5 sltrotter18

sltrotter18
          • 151 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:18 PM

Another idea, just put the playlist on shuffle and see what comes up!  If you have some must haves play them first then do the shuffle thing! 

#6 traceysteve

traceysteve
            • 328 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:54 AM

I like the shuffle idea. It's kind of random, but out of your original choices.

Originally Posted by cathyandchin 

Hey all!

FI and I spent the last couple months coming up with a playlist of songs from high school, college, and our favorite: Michael Jackson. cheesy, yes. I know... but we love R & B from the 90's.

So now the problem is that I have 5 hours of my all time favorite songs that are danceable (slow & fast), some latin grooves for my family (just like 8 songs), and classic songs too, OH... and some must have late night grooves too.
              Our dinner is an hour and I've got the mellow tunes for that, the problem is that the reception is only 2 hours. Our group is kinda small but we're all into dancing and I wanted to make sure that I had a little for everyone.

How do I get rid of songs that I LOVE??

I'm leaving in less than a week so I'm kinda crazy about this!!

#7 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
              • 1,917 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 07:09 AM

Another way to eliminate songs is to get rid ones that talk about breaking up or are otherwise inappropriate.

#8 bmadzia1

bmadzia1
                • 355 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 07:49 AM

This may sound a bit silly, but we will put 2.5 hours on ipod for the reception, and the rest on cd.  After the reception, if people are still up for it, we will spend more time at an open bar and see if we can bribe the barman to put our cd in. 

#9 traceysteve

traceysteve
                  • 328 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 12:44 PM

It's better to have too much than too little...sounds like a great idea. i was planning on at least an extra 1/2 hour of ipod time. Just in case..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users